General Manager, BDM – Expatriate Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading distributor in Chemical products to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, BDM – Expatriate
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Job Seniority: Director
Job Category: Business Development
Employment Type: Full time
Commercial and operational role:
- Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Oversee daily operations of the affiliate
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the affiliate’s service to customers.
- Set specific targets to the sales team and organize the follow-up
- Reviews sales results and plans to meet requirements for sales planning
- Optimize the sales of the affiliate in local and foreign currency (set up the selling and buying prices, design the commercial policies).
- Optimize the distribution stock management (minimization of the working capital requirement).Organize the orders management and the stock
- Analyse the general competitive environment of the affiliate
- Look for and access new business opportunities, design and implement the related action plan.
- Supervise the suppliers’ visits, local exhibitions and technical trainings
- Enhance the name and image of the company on the local market
- Develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Review and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Communicate strategy and results to the affiliate’s employees.
- Analyse activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine the affiliate progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Continually assess company progress, sales and marketing successes and compile reports to submit to superiors in corporate headquarters. They present reports regarding budgets, sales growth or declines, new business leads and regulatory compliance.
- Personally manage the key accounts
- Provide prompt, effective technical/commercial support to customers
- Coordinate with the Finance Manager on the credit management procedure to be in line with the general credit management procedure of the company.
- Control all Profit & Loss elements including pricing for all products in order to maximize profitability
- Control key Balance Sheet elements especially the working capital (receivable and stock rotation) and ensure healthy cash flow and ROCE
- Review sales/budgets and compile forecasts on a regular basis to ascertain where improvements can be made to achieve targets
- Provide a regular financial and commercial reporting to the COO of the company
- Report key results to the Comex
Administrative and HR role:
- Being in charge of the office management
- Handling all the affiliate contracts (Employees, Office, warehouses, lawyers, clearing agents, certification bodies, inspectors, auditors, recruitment agencies…)
- Following-up on insurances (assets, employees, goods)
- Being in charge of the legal compliance of the affiliate: Local laws compliance (labour law, import and customs regulations…), contacts with lawyers
- Being the affiliate’s contact with local authorities : Health authorities, Embassies, ..
- Planning and budgeting the hiring . Training of staff and ongoing professional development of employees.Ensuring team Management (career management (Succession planning, promotions, appraisals), attendance, performance, motivation, trainings, sanctions). Being in charge of the termination procedure
- Preparing and advising on salary scales, Train, advise, supervise and follow-up on the employees of the affiliate
Marketing and Communication:
- Acting as brand ambassador
- Participating in local exhibition (recommendations, organization, attendance, reporting)
- Reporting on political and economic situation and changes of the country/region
- Providing feedback for all market researches
Desired Skills and Experience
- M.A degree in Management/ Marketing/ Sales
- A degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related field is a plus
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in team management
- Experience in the sales of chemical products to industries is a plus
- Attention to details, motivation and professionalism are mandatory, in addition to a commercial and creative mindset
- Be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision and possess the ability to assemble and manage teams
- Presentation, analytical and planning skills are also essential
- Above-average people management, customer service and leadership skills are crucial
- Ability to prioritize work and manage concurrent projects and multiple activities.
- Strong skills in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Knowledge in G-Suite is a plus (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Drive and hangout)
- Demonstrates strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills. English is mandatory, French is a plus
- Good Business knowledge in English
- Sales Management, Business Development, Communication, Team Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all individuals however only those selected will be contacted.