College Librarian Job at the Federal College of Education (Technical) Potiskum
The Federal College of Education (Technical) Potiskum, Yobe State invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer in the College who is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments, as well as in providing services for the entire College community.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of Principal Librarian or equivalent in academic library and must possess the following requirements:
- Membership of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development course/council annual workshops.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) with at least eighteen(18) years cognate experience
- Relevant scholarly publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Principal Librarian or its equivalent in academic library.
- Candidates should not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application.
- Forming overall library policies, personal contacts and liaison with the departments
- Preparation of library Budgets
- Engaging in matters of common interest
- Responsible to the Provost for the day to day smooth running of the College Library
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- The appointment of the candidate is for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
Condition of Service
- Candidates will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions for staff of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) type-written copies of their Applications (including Curriculum Vitae and Credentials), giving the required information listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Local Government & Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Mental Status
- Number and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic journals and publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capacities)
- Societal linkages
All Application should be forwarded to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P. M. B 1013, Potiskum,
Application Deadline 20th March, 2019.