Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job Vacancy at IITA
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- BSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Agriculture, Social Sciences or related fields with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar functions or related roles in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages such as SPSS.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Develop performance matrices, data matrices and data tools for data management;
- Develop M&E plans for programs, project and units within IITA;
- Support monitoring and evaluation work as required at the Institutional, CRP & Project levels;
- Review objective hierarchy and logical framework matrices activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts of projects under each Hub;
- Identify and design performance questionss, key indicators and targets for each project;
- Agree with stakeholders on how to record, report, and analyze progress against targets and design formats for reporting on progress;
- Undertake and facilitate M&E plan implementation, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, method, formats and analytical processes;
- Conduct monitoring site visits,conduct/participate in evaluations (baseline, mid-term, end of project), internal and external impact assessment studies;
- Provide mentoring and coaching in performance assessment to M&E focal persons through on-site and online meetings;
- Guide unit/sections/directorate teams to use IITA’s institutional level results-indicator Handbook to develop annual/strategic plans, track activity implementation, manage performance data and report to higher levels of supervisors’ hierarchy;
- Conduct data quality assessments of data reported to the headquarters from programs, projects, units, sections, directorates and hubs as may be directed by the Head of M&E;
- Conduct/participate in M&E system development trainings for program/project partners towards developing national capacities in M&E;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 14th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.