The Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi was established in accordance with Decree No. 33 of 1979 based on the Federal Polytechnic Act (Cap 139) as amended by the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Decree No.5 of 1993.
The Polytechnic located at Kilometre 15 along Dass/Tafawa Balewa Road was established in order to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigerian economy. The Institution runs full-time programmes at both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma (ND & HND) Levels, which are all accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
The Polytechnic Librarian who is the Principal Officer is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day running/administration of the Polytechnic Library. His/her other functions shall include:
- Engaging in matters of common interest
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Rector
- Responsible for the smooth running of the Library
- Framing overall library policy, personal contacts and liaising with departments
- Preparation of Library Budgets
- Responsible for establishing policy of Library exchange
- Candidate for the post of the Polytechnic Librarian is expected to have a Master’s Degree in Library Science from a recognised institution of learning plus at least 18 years post-qualification cognate experience or possess PhD. with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience.
- In either case, the candidate must, in addition, possess professional library registration, The candidate should also have evidence of at least 12 journal publications, 21 seminar/conferences papers or 5 chapters in one/two standard textbook(s) and must be computer literate, He/she should also have evidence of community service.
- Candidates applying for the posts of Polytechnic Librarian must not be more than 55 years old at the time of assumption of duty
Terms of Appointments/Conditions of Service
- The appointments are for a term of five (5) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performances, for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The salary is consolidated and Conditions of Service are at par with those applicable in all other Federal Polytechnics.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates submit Twenty (20) type-written copies of Letter of Application, credentials and Curriculum Vitae, given the details in the following order:
- Full Names with Surname underlined
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Current Postal Address/including telephone No. and E-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Body(ies) and Association(s)
- Academic/Scholarly Publications (for the Post of Polytechnic Librarian)
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present employment status and salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the “Registrar”. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims of academic and managerial capabilities as well as their characters.
Twenty (20) copies of applications and other supporting credentials plus Curriculum Vitae are to be submitted in sealed envelopes and marked “Post of Polytechnic Librarian” at the top left hand corner, to reach:
P. M.B. 0231, Bauchi,
Application Deadline 26th March, 2019.
Note: Invited applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials to the Interview.