Job for ICLA Project Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Project Manager
Ref. nr.: 4049833835
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: The Area Manager
- NRC is looking for an ICLA Project Manager for our area office in Maiduguri, Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the ICLA Project Manager is to ensure the Implementation of the ICLA programme activities in Maiduguri
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods and Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Coordinate and Supervise the ICLA project team and program activities
- Coordinate Preparation of work plans and progress reports for ICLA teams
- Expand and maintain NRC’s network of relevant stakeholders in all operational areas
- Coordinate establishment of client outreach, screening and identification procedures
- Coordinate establishment of case documentation management systems
- Support development and strengthening of synergies between all NRC programs
- Document case studies and best practice for facilitating secure land tenure and identity documents for IDPs
- Prepare presentations and papers demonstrating lessons learned
- Support the preparation of funding proposals
- Coordinate Preparation of donor reports. GORs and monthly reports on activities and progress
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the ICLA Specialist, highlight operational successes and challenges
- Ensure that projects targets beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget, in cooperation with the Area Manager and ICLA Coordinators.
- Minimum Bachelor of Law degree and must have been called to the Nigerian BAR (be able to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria) and be conversant with international humanitarian and Human Rights law
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in working independently in a results-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Experience in managing staff
- Excellent command in Microsoft Applications
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Experience with start-up activities
- Experience in coordination of Housing Land and Property and Civil Documentation activities
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Proven skills in report writing
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Handling insecure environments
- Political and cultural awareness
- Commencement: May 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level 8 Step 1.
- Duty stations: Maiduguri with frequent travels. Travel outside location is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.