Latest Job for Driver, CODZ at the African Development Bank Group
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Banks development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver, CODZ
Position N°: 50072440
- The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Country Manager and Perform office messenger duties.
- The position is based in Algeria and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Transport of the Country Manager, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties as and when required;
- Contribute to the smooth running of office activities, when required;
- Ensure the daily maintenance of the vehicle assigned to it (checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.);
- Carry out minor repairs and ensure that major repairs are brought to the attention of the Country Manager and monitor their execution;
- Perform office messenger duties;
- Represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct at all times;
- Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc. ;
- Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
- Perform any other duties requested by the Country Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a High School Diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- Possess any additional documentation and/or certification to carry out the job will be an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
- Demonstrate initiative; be discreet, honest and have good character;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal Skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in French or English. Working knowledge of other language will be an added advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet.
Deadline: 24th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online