The University of Ilorin, Kwara State, was established in 1975 by an Act of Parliament of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to encourage the advancement of learning and to provide opportunities for all persons to acquire higher and liberal education.
We invite applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: External Auditor
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
- In compliance with the provisions of Section 85(3) (a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. 1999, and the relevant guidelines from the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation, the University of Ilorin, Ilorin, requires the services of a Firm of External Auditors.
- Evidence of work experience of the Firm in executing or having executed similar projects by submission of letters of engagement and evidence of successful completion of same in the last three (3) years
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate for 2016, 2017, 2018 valid for2019
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (I.T.F.) Certificate valid for 2018
- A Sworn Affidavit certifying as follows:
- The Company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy
- The Company does not have any Director who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria and any other country for criminal offences in relation to fraud or financial impropriety
- That no Officer of the University of Ilorin or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director or shareholder of the company
- That all information presented in the documents are true and correct in all particulars
- Audited Accounts of the Firm for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 and 2017) duly signed and stamped
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2018, 2017 and 2016) in the case of a limited liability firm and evidence of Personal income Tax Certificate in case of a Business Enterprise
- Evidence of VAT registration
- Evidence of financial capability (Bank reference) from a reputable bank stating the company’s credit worthiness
- Evidence of registration on the National Data Base of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report valid for 2018 issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- Evidence of Firm’s registration with Corporate Affairs Commission by submission of Certificate of Incorporation or Certification of Registration whichever is applicable
- Evidence of the Firm’s registration with the Office of the Auditor- General for the Federation
- Evidence of current practising Licence (Certificate
- The Firm’s profile stating the key personnel, their roles, designation, qualifications and years of experience. Copies of professional qualification certificates of the key staff with the institute Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) must be attached.
- Provide an activity plan (project plan) of actions to achieve the objectives of the external audit function, specifying budgeted hours, timeline and sequence for the proposed audit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates (Audit firms) should submit ten (10) copies of their Applications, in sealed envelopes marked “Appointment of External Auditors”, to:
University of Ilorin,
Application Deadline 15th April, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted firms shall be contacted.