Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate Director, Services Delivery
Job ID: 13-10555
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Report to Project Director
- The Associate Director, Service Delivery leads the delivery component of the MSH CaTSS integrated clinical and community services.
- The position works in close collaboration with the Ministries of Health in the CaTSS implemented states and is responsible for ensuring that the CaTSS state offices properly interpret and deliver services that meet and surpass the PEPFAR minimum standards.
- He/she will work closely with the Associate Director, Technical Services to ensure that the Abuja-based technical advisors provides needs-based technical support to the state teams.
- He/she supervises the Regional/State Team Leads and reports to the Project Director.
- The position is part of the CaTSS leadership team, and he/she will be responsible for the planning, coordination and providing overall strategic direction for CaTSS state teams.
- Spearhead the strategic design, delivery and monitoring of key services in the CaTSS project that meet and surpass the PEPFAR priorities in Nigeria.
- Supervise the R/STLs in the CaTSS project states. Manages and ensures that deliverables are timely, efficient, and effective.
- Serve as a member of the Project Leadership Team
- Provide leadership in the delivery of services in the CaTSS states and facilities.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Technical Services to ensure that the needed technical assistance is provided to the state teams and to key partners.
- Work closely with the Director of M&E to ensure that data is reported timely and accurately as well as the use of the data for programmatic decision making.
- Guide and oversee the development of innovative HIV initiatives to support facility and community-based care and treatment services.
- Ensure the effective operationalization of the CaTSS mentorship program in all project states.
- Provide on-going support and supervision to state based teams who will in turn provide technical support to facilities and CSOs in the delivery of integrated HIV
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Technical Services to harmonize and ensure coherence of CaTSS project clinical, community and lab strategies
- Manage and coordinate the work of the State Teams to ensure that project plans, HIV/AIDS services and technical field operations are carried out in a way that is consistent with national and international standards.
- Nurture a mindset of quality and urgency among all project staff.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Technical Services to ensure the integrity of the project’s system for continuous quality improvement through periodic quality assessments and technical supervision by the Advisors
- Ensure effective representation of MSH CaTSS on the different national Technical Working Groups.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep MSH CaTSS senior management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with CaTSS senior management to document and publish best practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Degree (MD) and appropriate licenses with a post graduate degree in public health.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience is required. 10 years of progressively responsible experience is preferred. Experience in international public health highly preferred. At least 5 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment, programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Excellent grasp of clinical and community issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS Care and treatment
- Excellent and demonstrable leadership and management experience especially in managing multi-state teams.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action;
- Training and experience in Mentorship and Quality Improvement programs will be a distinct advantage
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and statistical analysis
- Team player with demonstrated ability to produce quality results in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills
- Supervision: Works independently with authority from the Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines and supervises Advisors
- Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and works closely with the M&E team in program data generation and management
- Have an excellent understanding of comprehensive ART programming, including program design, implementation and evaluation
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and data analysis as maybe required
- Must possess the ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
Deadline: 31st March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online