Latest Recruitment for U.S. Consulate Recruitment for Carpenter
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Carpenter
Announcement Number: Lagos-2019-004RA
Series/Grade: LE – 1210 4
Promotion Potential: LE-4
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is AA. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C., All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (48 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Duties/Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent is directly supervised by the Maintenance Supervisor on all duties as a Carpenter in the Carpentry trade.
- Assigned duties involve construction, alteration, repair or modification of items and structures such as framework, rafters, exterior/interior trim, staircase, trusses, beams, cabinets, doors, siding, where accuracy, spacing and fit are essential and structural soundness and appearance are important.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Three year of journeyman carpentry experience is required.
- Job Knowledge: Must have full journeyman carpenter knowledge of established practices and procedures on the specific trade involved. Must have Knowledge to use carpentry hand and electric tools, power tools, measuring and leveling equipment is required
- Completion of Secondary.
- Completion of vocational training of apprenticeship, recognized as producing journeyman carpentry skills, or equivalent experience is required.
Evaluations – This may be tested:
- Language: Level II (Limited knowledge) speaking/reading/writing in English
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to read shop drawing, as well as, ability to work after normal working hours or the weekend shift. S/he is required to have a driver’s license.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following Link
- NGN 3,599,599 – NGN 3,599,599 per annum
Deadline: 12th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Required Documents for Application:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary school Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
For More Info: HR Section, Tel: 01-461-4000, email: HRNigeria@state.gov