AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Department: Business and Communications
- As a Business Development Manager you’ll be concerned with improving and growing AgroMall, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners
- You will work to improve AgroMall’s profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operation of the company, position or reputation in some way.
- You may have a single role in the organization or lead a team of staff
- Your work will often reach across all areas of the company.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction and conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts , proposals planning and preparing presentations (using PowerPoint) and build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department and other departments
- Strong understanding of how technology disrupt the existing agricultural market.
- Develops strategies and plans that have a positive impact and add value for all AgroMall, partners and Stakeholders;
- Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them.
- Strong understand and awareness of emotional intelligence and emotional marketing
- Models independent thinking and action, raises standards and motivates excellence
- Coaches team members to appropriately share knowledge across teams
- Expands team engagement and provides practical developmental support
- Works with individuals to set appropriately challenging development goals, explaining not just what to do, but why to do it.
Education, Technical Skills, Competences, Working Relationship
Education and Experience:
- B.Sc/B.A in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Five years proven track record in business sales/development or related market.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word. Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions by focusing on client requirements
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner
- Reasonable knowledge and experience in Agricultural Industry
- Strategic Thinking, problem solving/analysis, customer/client Focus.
- Time Management, ability to build rapport and negotiation skills.
- Client orientation, closing deals and lead generation
- Persuasion and influencing
- Marketing and product development strategy
- Communication and presentation skills
- Leading and supervising
- This position manages all employees of the marketing and communications department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online