First Vertical Origin is a full service digital agency based in Lagos, Nigeria. We require an experienced candidate in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
- Listen to clients and understand their needs before making design decisions
- Work on a variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organisations a visual ‘brand’.
- Work to a brief agreed with the client, creative director or account manager and will develop creative ideas and concepts. The appropriate media and style has to be chosen to meet the client’s objectives.
- The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients;
- Developing design briefs that suit the client’s purpose;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- Working with a range of design tools, including Photoshop, Coredraw, illustrator, InDesign etc and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- Working as part of a team with other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of OND in Arts or in a relevant field
- Must be very skilled with Graphic Designs
- Must be able to deliver jobs within stipulated time frame
Deadline: 24th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with samples of work from their portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org