Latest Vacancy for Mechanical Design Engineer at Baker Hughes
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Job ID: 3263469
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer’s specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.
- They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications. Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
- Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.Check and approve layout and detail drawings. Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet Engineering work schedules.
- Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner
- BEng Hons Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of working time.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:Strong SSPE product line knowledge.
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processesSolid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Fully proficient with BHGE ePIMS database Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within the company.
- /RTP Creation
- GRR/ NCR System
- CTR Creation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online