GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant – Managing Director Rx
Requisition ID: WD204627
Position: Full time
Functional area: Administrative Services
Relocation: Not Indicated
- To provide support to the GM/Managing Director, and other commercial functions in managing the office.
- Manage travel logistics for the Pharma LT (other than Sales) and support expense management.
- Have some understanding of public relations in relevance to the pharma industry to support the GM’s office and by extension safeguard GSK’s image.
- Provide support and work hand in hand with Managing Director Rx and Pharma Team Member and ensure all administrative works are completed at a given time.
- Provide office management and secretarial support to the Managing Director and Pharma team members within Nigeria.
- Extensive diary management, confirm meeting appointments, arrange face to face & telephone conferences, organize meetings, book meeting venues, invite attendees, schedule lunch, dinner & ensure completeness of meeting documents & other services as required.
- Retire all expenses for both the Managing Director and departmental expenses on both Credit Cards dollar/naira and cash expenses respectively monthly and ensure all Purchase Orders are raised on JD Edwards/E-form promptly for the departmental requirements and follow through all approvals to the point of delivery Pharma Managing Directorate’s Office
- Discuss and arrange the Managing Director’s official engagements. Compile, collate reports and presentations and follow up with external contacts.
- Be the first point of contact across all other functions to run the Managing Director’s office by becoming the point of reference for internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and record on the SharePoint Site the minutes and agenda of Leadership Team meetings.
- Champion record retention archive system for Managing Director’s office:
- Review filing & Review documents to ensure the objectives of record retention.
- Coordinate a seamless travel plan for the Managing Director Rx and above country guests for pharmaceutical unit according to GSK travel policy and preparation of travel documents:
- Coordinate communication and channels
- Issuance of appropriate letters – Invitation and Introduction
- Ensure Adequate accommodation arrangements
- Organize airport arrival Meet and Greets
- Arrange for transfers on arrival to hotel, office etc. as well as Armed Escort if required and prioritize tasks around them
- Coordinate and manage the organization and logistics of all internal and external business events – Retreats, Breakfast & Lunch meetings as well as Business Dinners.
- Monitor fuel transactions on the Managing Director and Finance Director’s official vehicles.
- Support Communications and Government Affairs unit in responding to external correspondence for both Rx/Cx entities to regulatory and non-regulatory bodies as well as government officials.
- Minimum requirement is a Diploma Administrative or Secretarial Business Studies.
- IT literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft office packages especially Excel.
- Basic accounting qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Good typing skills.
- More than 5 years’ experience in a multinational office environment and flexibility to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Broad understanding of Pharmaceutical business and the environment it operates in
- Excellent Communication and customer care skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
- Must have initiative and make sound judgement.
- Should be able remain calm, focussed and organised to deliver results on time.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Basic financial understanding
- Current knowledge of statuary requirements and codes of governing pharma industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online