Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Consultant
- The Senior Consultant position is for experienced practitioners with a passion for agriculture. Consultants have the opportunity to lead small engagements or workstreams as part of larger engagements with clients across the public, private and social sector and across multiple value chains to make a tangible impact to the agriculture and nutrition sector in Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and high-quality implementation of Sahel Consulting-led projects, including planning, coordination of, and reporting of project activities.
- Oversee the work of junior Sahel Consulting employees and contractors to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Prepare PowerPoint and Word reports summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for the client.
- Support senior management on other Sahel Consulting initiatives as requested.
- Lead proposal writing and business development efforts
- Other responsibilities assigned by management
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- B.Sc or Masters in Agriculture, Business, Economics or related discipline
- At least 7-8 years of professional experience
- Experience in overseeing teams
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to travel (required)
- Past consulting or advisory experience is desirable
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org