Consultant – Video and Photography Services Job at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Video and Photography Services
Location: Mubi Field Office, Adamawa
Contract Type: Consultancy
Contract duration: 14 days
Purpose of Consultancy
- In October 1, 2018, Plan International received funding from BMZ for the implementation of a multisector recovery program focusing on the provision of holistic Livelihood, Education, Nutrition and Protection services to IDPs, returnees and host community members in 2 Local Government Areas in Adamawa (Michika: Kudzum, Delichi, Watu, Bazza, Vi, Warambugge, Bororo, Waranke, Ku-burushosho, Yamwe) and Borno (Askira Uba: Sabon-Gari, Tampul, Giwi, Wamdeo and Koheli) states. The project is aimed at “Enhancing the living conditions of the population groups affected by the conflict in the states of Adamawa and Borno by securing their livelihood and reconstructing the basic social services’’.
- Plan international is seeking the services of a professional videographer/Photographer to assist the organisation in documenting key activities of the project.
- The purpose of this consultancy is to produce a high quality video and picture capturing activities of protection sector, education, livelihood and nutrition sectors.
- The Consultant will collect footage that will be cut and woven into a bigger video piece about the state of the reconstruction project in Adamawa and Borno State
Scope of Work:
- To make a short High Definition (HD) video documentary (maximum of 10 mins) in Michika and Askira (Michika: Kudzum, Delichi, Watu, Bazza, Vi, Warambugge, Bororo, Waranke, Ku-burushosho, Yame ) and Borno (Askira Uba: Sabon-Gari, Tampul, Giwi, Wamdeo and Koheli) where Plan International Nigeria is providing peace building supports to conflicted communities/population
- The documentary should highlight Produced a high quality pictorial report capturing education, nutrition, livelihood and protection sector ongoing activities.
- Produce short clips on VSLA, Cash transfer, cash for work, SMBC activities, school clubs, care groups activities, afterschool clubs etc
- Capture video and Safe space management and activities in areas of project implementation
- Edit video into format that can be used for online and big screen viewing
- Subtitle a copy into English language as appropriate and another clean copy without subtitle
- Create and managed a minimum of 4 social media account for reconstruction project for 52 weeks targeting a minimum of 1million audience globally.
- Produce a one-minute trailer summarizing the entire video
Condition of Work
- The Consultant will be required to travel to the location of program implementation
- Plan international will cover travel-related costs to the location, such as road travel a daily subsistence allowance (to cover housing, food and other daily expenses during the field mission).
- The Consultant is expected to use his/her own camera and editing equipment.
- Soft copies of the footages and edited copies delivered in quality external hard drive
- A copy of pictorial report capturing all sectors of the project
- Ensure to include translations for all the speakers (not sub-titles) in English for footage where speakers are using local language
Qualification and Expertise
The successful candidate is required to meet the following criteria:
- University degree or Diploma in Videography or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Should possess at least 3 years of filming experience with a reputable media agency or organization.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in videography, includingpossession and ability to use the most current version of HD cameras, sound and lighting equipment, and most recent editing programmes.
- Proven experience in filming and production for similar projects, including subject and light management, as well editing using the latest software.
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms. The Consultant should demonstrate a track record of having successfully undertaken similar projects (share links to samples of documentaries produced).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- The Consultant should have the capacity and deliver within the specified timeframe.
- Experience working with international NGOs and initiatives will be an asset.
Duration of the Consultancy:
- The duration of the consultancy will be 10 days, in consultation with the Plan International Focal Point, the Consultant will generate a schedule specifying the implementation of the documentation and editorial process until delivery of the final product.
Terms and Conditions of Payment
- The Consultant/videographer will be paid 50% upon signing the contract and the remaining 50% within 30 days after having satisfactorily completed the shoot and submitted content to Plan International office, Nigeria.
Deadline: 6th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following electronically to: Nigeria.consultant@Plan-international.org stating TOR topic in the subject of the email;
Procedure for Recruitment of Consultant
The potential consultant should:
- Provide curriculum vitae detailing knowledge/experience in the above areas.
- Provide a report showing work on similar previous assignments.
- An outline of how he/she intends to go about the consultancy.
- Propose an expected consultancy fee.
- Possible dates he/she will be available to commence the consultancy.
- Provide name of two references that can attest to the consultant capability to conduct the consultancy.
- A team from Plan International Nigeria will score the documentations provided by the potential consultant based on their technical “know how” and expected fee on the basis of 75% and 25% respectively.