Current Vacancies at Deinde Odusanya & Co., 16th May, 2019
Deinde Odusanya & Co. was registered, under the Companies and Allied Matters Decree 1990, as No LAZ.036178 on 23rd July, 1996 and is currently situated at 6b, Ireti Street, Sabo, Yaba, Lagos. The firm was registered with the main objective of utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach to its Accountancy, Assurance Advisory, Taxation and Economic Consulting services in order to provide its clients with an integrated means of meeting their needs and achieving their objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Senior
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients;
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings and supervision, and delivery of audit work;
- Demonstration of excellent knowledge of audit of International Accounting Standards (“IAS”) and International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) financial statements; relevant International Standards on Auditing (“ISA”); key audit tools software, including case ware, Microsoft suite, V-Lookup etc.;
- Delivering full audit, investigation and other relevant reports for review in soft copy with hyperlinks and other review tools and; creating and maintaining hardcover back-up files;
- Present in-house training, regularly, on relevant audit assurance and related topics;
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability;
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues;
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits;
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realize their full potential;
- Keeping up to date with the company product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help the firm to grow its business;
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders, tasks may include: reviewing engagement records, analysing and categorising the records, contacting partners for engagement information, preparing data and drafting independence reports; and
- Working on specific audit related projects across the audit function or other projects of the Firm, as may be assigned by Management.
- Carry out specific functions as may be assigned to you by the firm, from time to time.
- Experience: 5 years (core audit jobs)
Job Title: Senior Tax Consultant
- Supervise the Firm’s Taxation and Professional Services business, which includes drawing up plans, workable programmes and timetables for its various Clients.
- Coordinate and execute all Taxation engagements in manual and computerized environments;
- Display excellent understanding of Nigerian and International Tax Laws. Also, to demonstrate excellent use of Taxation and Advisory tools and software including Ms-word, Ms-Excel, Ms-PowerPoint etc.
- Respond to queries from taxation regulatory authorities, including Federal and State Internal Revenue Services.
- Provide compliance and consulting services to the Company’s corporate, non-governmental organisations, Governments, individuals etc.
- Identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for entities and their affiliates.
- Conduct research and analysis of wide range of tax issues related to individuals, businesses, transactions and tax implications of financing techniques for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Processing and obtaining corporate and personal tax clearance certificates.
- Coordinate FIRS and relevant SIRS audits of clients.
- Ensure clients’ compliance with the various tax policies and regulations.
- Conduct research on various tax stay awake issues.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of records and procedures.
Essential Skills and Educational Requirement
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Taxation or other business related fields;
- Critical thinking, a thirst for knowledge, confidence and strong business sense;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with command of English;
- Excellent Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word; and
- Demonstration of practical knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
Deadline: 31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org