Current Vacancies at Nigeria French Language Village, 9th May, 2019
The Nigeria French Language Village, Ajara-Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria, was established in 1991 as an Inter-University Centre within the ambitof National Universities Commission (NUC).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director/Chief Executive
Location: Ajara-Badagry, Lagos
Duties and Responsibilities
- Broadly, the Director, as the Chief Executive shall be the Chief Administrative and Academic Officer of the Nigeria French Language Village, the Chairman of Academic Board and an Ex-officio member of the Governing Council
- He/She is the image figure of the Language Village.
Specifically, the Director/CEO performs the following major functions:
- Maintaining efficiency and good order of the French Village. All other officers within the internal management structure are responsible to him/her.
- His/her success in managing the resources available to him depends not only on his/her profession as an academic, but also on his/her ability to lead, motivate and inspire administrative associates, academic and non-academic Staff as well as students, to work towards the central purpose of the Village, to advance learning and enhance talent.
- The Director/CEO shall exercise general supervision over the French Village and shall have a general responsibility to the Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the French Village, and it shall be his/her duty to see that the provisions of the ACT establishing the French Village and the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations are observed
- He/she shall, by virtue of his/her office, be a member of the Council, where he/she is the main official source of information on the state of affairs of the French Village. He/she will bring to the Council all development programmes relating to the future of the French Village after they have been discussed at the various committees and the Academic Boards.
- He/she shall be the Chairman of the Academic Board of the French Village with responsibility for formulating and continuously evaluating the academic Programmes and research policy of the French Village.
Qualifications and Experience of the Person to be Appointed
The candidate for this position is expected to be an internationally distinguished French Linguist with the following qualifications and attributes:
- Possession of a Ph.D. Degree in French Language from a reputable University as well as having been a full professor of French in a reputable University for at least eight (8) years, and not more than 65 years old on the date of assumption of duty
- An exemplary scholar with good quantum of evidence of distinguished French Language research accomplishments characterized by consistent and sustained publications of high level research articles in highly rated/reputable international journals and/or research books/monographs by reputable international publishers – including at least two of such articles or one book in the last five years
- A person with demonstrable capacity for original thinking and creative ability with resolve to provide the type of leadership that will enable the Nigeria French Language Village achieve its mandate
- A scholar of outstanding national and international repute, with proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT) and considerable experience at top levels of University Administration
- A person with a track record of teaching, research, community service and extensive cognate administrative experience with astute managerial ability who can maintain peace and academic stability
- A person with entrepreneurial and innovative abilities with the capacity to create wealth for the sustainability of the Inter-University Centre and generate funds beyond the basic Government funding
- A person endowed with strong character and ability to give courageous and effective exemplary leadership for further development of the NFLV into a world class Centre of Excellence in French Language
- A person with a clear vision for the development of the NFLV in realisation of its mission
- A person who can focus on research and innovation for infrastructural development and human resource allocation to be able to foster regional and international partnerships including securing opportunities with the business communities for the achievement of our strategic goal
- A person who believes in accountability, justice and fairness
- A person of sound physical and mental health, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and strong moral character capable of inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students.
Tenure of Appointment
- The successful candidate shall hold office as Director/CEO for a single term of five years only as enshrined in the Enabling Act of the Village on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Salary and Fringe Benefit
- The Salary and Fringe Benefits for this position is the same as that of a Vice Chancellor of a Federal University.
Deadline: 20th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send 15 copies each of their Letter of Application containing details of qualifications, Relevant Credentials/Certificates with updated Curriculum Vitae with the following details:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Address: (a) Postal (b) E-mail(s) Mobile Telephone Number(s)
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Academic qualifications (Degrees with classes – copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Managerial Experience
- Academic distinctions
- Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Scholarly publications (well referenced)
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees who should be able to attest to candidate’s academic and Administrative abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness. (Such Referees should be requested to send their confidential reference letters to reach the undersigned within the deadline of this publication.
- The candidate should also state clearly in not more than 1000 words, his/her vision for the French Village in the next five years.
All applications should be sent and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria French Language Village,
P.M.B. 1011, Ajara-Badagry,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.