Marine Technical Manager Job in an Offshore Maritime Company
Adexen Recruitment Agency was mandated by a leading Offshore Maritime company to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Technical Manager – Expatriate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The ideal candidate must have a previous experience within the Marine/offshore environment. The Marine Technical Manager will be in charge of the technical activities & maintenance operations for a large fleet of vessels.
- This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking.
- Manage overall technical activities & maintenance operations
- Supervise all Chief Engineers and insure planned maintenance and other technical activities are carried out in a correct and safe manner
- Ensure high standards in maintenance and preparation of fleet
- Full supervision of the maintenance operations of vessels : planning, repairs, inspection
- Responsible to follow the operations with the shipyard
- Manage the yard and delivering the required equipment in a timely manner
- Assist with & organize all surveys and statutory vessel inspections.
- Check that equipments and tools are properly maintained and inspected
- Train, supervise and provide general guidance to his team with day to day operational involvement.
- Oversee all activities, review & approve major refits, dry-docking & major repairs.
- Report on day to day basis about ships operation, budgetary performance and any untoward incidents on vessels in the fleet
- Ensuring company policies and standards are strictly followed
- Monitor budgetary performance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or demonstrated sound technical knowledge through experience
- Shore base experience used to manage a fleet and a work shop
- Experience in the offshore industry
- Experience in Africa/Nigeria will be a plus
- Previous experience in a similar role within an international maritime group
- Management skills, strong and attentive to his team
- Shipbuilding/operation/technical knowledge
- Very organized
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in multicultural environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.