Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Media Buying and Planning Manager – Jumia
Job type: Full time
- As a Media buying and Planning Manager, you will be responsible for providing key inputs to all media planning, buying and monitoring contracts with media partners as required and oversee them to ensure strict adherence with contracts, Memorandum of understanding and Service Level Agreements.
- Develop media planning strategies to help Jumia remain at the forefront of retail in Nigeria.
- Articulate Jumia’s media planning and management strategies including policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Manage Jumia’s external agencies such as media, creative, monitoring and research.
- Coordinate all activities of the media planning and management unit and ensure compliance with overall brand objectives.
- Execute media plans and articulate efficiency of campaigns via GRP, CPT, reach/frequency audience rating, spikes analysis, cluster analysis, etc
- Ensure Jumia’s media planning conform with local advertising regulations (APCON, Lottery board).
- Coordinate the step-by-step process for strategic media planning, buying and monitoring across traditional media such as TV, Radio, print, Outdoor including Youtube channel.
- Manage creative process for offline campaigns to include creatives, jingles, scripts & videos.
- Provide relevant insights for major campaigns.
- Build and initiate proposed media partnerships for barter on behalf of Jumia either or Radio and TV.
- Analyse campaign analysis for media activations with KPIs to include direct traffic, Search etc.)
- Oversee frequent media surveys for Jumia pre-event & Post-event.
- Monitor competitor’s media spend and share of voice.
- Analyse potential regions and media penetration strategies to acquire new customers.
Professional Skills & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or post graduate degree in Marketing.
- 5 years + professional experience in marketing and related industry.
- Must have broad knowledge of media channels and agency experience as a strategist/media planner/buyer.
- Experience in planning to execution for Top 20 media spending brands in Nigeria.
- Excellent strategic planning and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills i.e. proficiency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Advanced data analysis and analytical skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online