eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern, Administrative Finance
Purpose of the Position
- The Finance Intern will be part of a growing team of financial professionals with a project-oriented focus towards administrative management
- S/he will Interact with and provide support to the Finance department to achieve department objectives
- S/he will Maintain financial files and records, and ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
What you’ll do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Communicate finding and facilitates knowledge dissemination and exchange among various interested parties
- Produce written reports and white papers to share knowledge and results from the analysis performed
- Checking completion of accounting data in the files
- Making a log of all files
- Preparing coversheets capturing a summary of data in each file
- Preparing a list of missing documents from the accounting record
- Scanning of accounting data
- Any other tasks assigned by Management.
Who you are
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Accounting, Finance, Business administration, Statistics or numerate discipline.
- Minimum 1 years Cognate Experience in development (Desirable but not compulsory).
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online