Recent Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT), May, 2019
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Application Administrator
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Comply with APM Terminals IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of Group IT Applications as well as the development and deployment of applications specific to the TermInal
- Work with various departments to improve manual processes through the use of automation tools and ensure proper functioning and regular maintenance of locally developed software
- Offer or develop solutions for improving business tools in order to satisfy customers and/or internal users.
- Execute, under the supervision of the IT Manager, software maintenance plan, the TOS database Maintenance plan and other related databases as well as DB replication process maintenance.
- Monitor and manage interface and integrations of solutions to the Terminal Operating System (TOS) and their interactions with the TOS database.
- Ensure that for any service related to the TOS a backup plan exists, implemented and tested periodically.
- Ensure maintenance, proper functioning of test and staging environments and ensure replication with production data on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the IT Manager in the implementation of reporting and dashboard generation solutions based on various business application (TOS, Termview, LIFT ..).
- Provide first-level maintenance and interactions with the fingerprint and time & attendance system’ supplier and maintain permanent availability of the services.
- Work with the various project implementation teams in the implementation of internal systems.
- Assist in the planning and execution of specific applications projects as initiated by the manager.
- Ensure the management of IT security, access to all IT systems and scrupulous follow-up of the access management procedure.
- Assist in the management of network security at the company level as established by Group IT Security.
- Ensure that anti-virus software is up-to-date and security updates are routinely performed on servers and computers to provide the necessary security across the entire infrastructure.
- Raise users’ awareness periodically about IT security risks.
- Execute the assigned tasks by the Help Desk or the IT Manager.
- Manage daily internal interaction with customers and / or internal users.
- Make attractive presentations well organized to share information.
- Solve serious problems in a timely manner.
- Know how to communicate complex / sensitive information with sensitivity.
- Communicate effectively with users to identify alternative needs and solutions.
- Trace lessons learned and share them with team members.
- Train end-users to use new solutions (within their area of intervention).
- Communicate with other users to solve problems with software and their functioning.
- Follow with the procurement department any assigned order, from the expression of the need to the delivery of the material or service.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with 03 years of experience in IT.
- Have deep programming skills (Web and desktop applications).
- Have advanced skills in database management (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL).
- Strong experience on failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity.
- Have knowledge of IT security.
- Have a good knowledge of Linux and Unix operating systems, as well as a deep knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to respect confidentiality clauses and act with discretion.
- Have initiative mindset, be a good self-starter and proactive.
- Be able to exercise good judgment and set priorities.
- Being able to anticipate users’ needs and provide solutions; constantly think about their satisfaction and be sensitive to the needs of other departments.
- Being able to work actively and simultaneously on several projects.
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication in English.
- Being good at time management because having to work in a demanding and constantly
- changing environment.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- An exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational company that makes global trade happen.
- You will be interacting daily with colleagues locally and internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment.
- We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and further learning on the job.
Deadline: 22nd May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online