Senior QA Software Engineer Job at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior QA Software Engineer
Unit: Software Quality Assurance
- Reports to: Lead QA Engineer
- Supervises: QA Engineers
- To manage the improvement of IT software solution by reducing defects, inefficiencies, proposing improvements and supporting the execution of improvements that will translate to cost savings and Quality Product development.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and executive test plans on computer applications.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Generate historical analysis of test results.
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Maintain database of software defects.
- Examine code and execution of code in various environments.
- Verify specific action or function of code.
- Operate and maintain test networks.
- Provide application instructions for users.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Create meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
- Perform application security audits.
- Implement application designs; create queries, scripts, web pages and other deliverables.
- Participate in application planning meetings.
- Ensure data integrity standards.
- Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections.
- Minimum of 2nd class lower in first Degree.
- Minimum of 5-8 years working experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of computers.
- Good background in ICT industry, consulting and business advisory.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications especially MS Office Tools.
- Oral and written communication skill.
- Good knowledge of ALM Methodology.
- Good Knowledge of Manual, Functional and Automation Testing.
- Information Technology Process methodology.
- Information Technology Software Agile testing/ management.
Personalities and attributes:
- Team player.
- Honest, proactive and hardworking.
- Ability to adapt to changes.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifiied candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.