Vacancy for Technical Account Manager at Clickatell
Clickatell is a technology company that specializes in helping brands delight their customers with innovative, customer-centric solutions, giving them more time for what really matters. We have a great company culture where we deeply value collaboration. Our environment allows you freedom to create and innovate while having fun at the same time. We believe that everyone has a say in the way we build products and solutions, regardless of their skills or experience.
This is an opportunity to join an energetic, fast paced, dynamic, Sequoia* backed company, offering ample growth opportunities and exciting challenges. Hence we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Account Manager
The role of our Champion:
- Provide input to the scope of Enterprise projects in West Africa in the light of (functionality), technical enhancements.
- Provide technical support for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes
- Train customers to use products effectively
- Provide developers with customers’ feedback to help identify potential new features or products
- Identify solutions to reduce support costs
- Analyze customers’ needs and suggest upgrades or additional features to meet their requirements
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and increase sales
- Keep track of sales performance metrics
- Solid understanding of mobile VAS bearers such as USSD and VTU to guide customer through integration and day to day technical support.
- Anticipate problems and apply pro-active problem resolution skills to address such.
- Ensure that strong customer relationship is built through on-time, quality service delivery.
- Document and organize processes, information, and customer data for storage and presentation to the customer. Including but not limited to issue resolution plans, internal status updates, customer case updates, customer specific field processes, and customer profiles.
- Report against SLA compliance and ensure that superior customer service levels are maintained at all times.
- Extract a monthly Issue report of supplier downtime both internal and external to the organisation and provide continuous input towards service delivery improvement.
- Produce monthly reports and timesheets on all activities undertaken.
- Will form and build effective Liaison relationships with Clickatell Partners, the Clickatell Product Groups, Sales and other functions within Clickatell
- Facilitate risk mitigation during selling & execution phases, accounting for both contractual/technical requirements that deliver solutions, profitability & customer satisfaction
- Connect with clients to gather all the information required to setup new accounts/campaigns and implement the same.
- Developing strong relationships with key major accounts, with the goal to identify opportunities for improvement within these companies and to assist in implementing such improvements
The Capabilities of our Champion:
- Experience in computer repairs & troubleshooting: hardware & software.
- Ability to learn and understand: new products, software technologies and applications.
- To have a proven track record of delivering projects on time, within budget and as per the scope and quality requirements defined by the business owners.
- Must have an astute understanding of the international wireless/mobile messaging industry, players, products, and direction of the market.
- Excellent communication skills are important, candidates will be required to operate across multiple functional areas (engineering, operations, sales, and marketing).
- Motivated by delivering excellence.
- Identify and effectively respond to the diverse needs of customers and employees.
- Able to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues, demonstrating cross-functional working and encouraging and supporting others to achieve project and organisational goals.
- Able to manage activities, resources and issues, with the ability to identify and manage contingencies and risks.
Our Champions journey so far:
- Business to business experience
- Knowledge of the Telecommunications market
- Technically adept, demonstrated ability to understand sales process, operations and related technologies.
- Experience in business process re-engineering or improvement would be beneficial
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in technical account management
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in the Telecommunications industry
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in project management
- Industry recognized project management qualification
- Relevant internationally recognised tertiary qualification preferably IT, Computer Science, Business Science/Management/Commerce
Why you will love being here:
- Competitive salary paid monthly
- Medical aid contributions
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Pension fund contribution
- Group life cover
- Communication allowances
- Undercover parking
- Half day off on your birthday
- 5 “personal” days leave a year, over and above your normal annual leave.
- Staff events, daily popcorn, snacks, cool offices. All the things that make Clickatell a fantastic place to work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates:
Click here to apply online
Note: Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.