Current Vacancies at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments, 18th June
Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter
- We are looking for qualified candidate to fill in the position of Waiter. Candidates will render a variety of services to customers through application of knowledge of our organization.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s special and offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. Events)
- OND or its equivalent.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work.
- Interest in working with people from all backgrounds.
- Ability to work assigned shifts, including weekends.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in a commercial food operation.
Job Title: Security Operative
- Manned guarding and surveillance in a company.
- Man access control points, Carry out random patrols and monitor the premises to prevent intrusion, stealing, or violation of rules.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to prevent larceny and maintain security/safety.
- Ensure gates, doors, windows, and gates are protected/shut.
- Write reports of daily occurrences and issues such as: property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences in the Log Book.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Disciplined, Confident, Vibrant, Intelligent, Analytical & medically fit Nigerian,
- Good communication skills – ability to speak fluently, read and write legibly.
- Minimum of OND/NCE
- Minimum of 2 years’ private/industrial security experience
Job Title: Kitchen Steward
- Sweep and mop floor once every hour as needed.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine. Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand. Runs glasses through dish machine twice.
- Wash worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Separate and remove trash and garbage and place it in designated containers; steam-clean or hose-out garbage cans, and maintain loading dock.
- Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional.
- Properly maintains dish machine to include cleaning, water changing, and chemical usage.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand truck or cart
- Maintain work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, garbage, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- Assist with minor food prep and banquet plate up as needed.
- Put away all clean utensils; put away & rotate stock in designated areas.
- Report to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interested and qualified candidates should possess relevant qualification
- Experience: At least two years
Job Title: Continental Chef
Report To: Executive Chef
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
- To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To maintain portion control guidelines in order to ensure the profitability of kitchen is maintained.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
- To assist with the training of and supervise other members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- At least a minimum five years working experience in a similar position
- At least Secondary School Education and must be able to communicate in English.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Complete command of culinary basics
- Active listening skills: implementing the advice offered
- Time management: fluctuations in activity levels
- Taking the initiative
- Paying attention to detail and quality: respecting the instructions given
- Team spirit
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- Fluency in English in both written and spoken and the capability to follow safety and security rules and procedures without compromises at all times is essential.
- Must be a retired Police Officer not below the rank of Superintendent of Police (SP) and within the age bracket of 50-55 years.
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution in Nigeria.
- Must be a man of high integrity and outstanding leadership skills
Job Title: Room Attendant
- Candidate should possess relevant qualifications and at least 2 years experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as email Subject
Submit CV at:
Bolton White Hotel,
7 Gwandu Street, By Sahad Stores,
Area 11, Garki,
Note: Only suitable candidates will be shortlisted.