Job for Data Assistant (Alive & Thrive) at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Assistant (Alive & Thrive)
Ref No: 190001S6
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Permanent
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context, all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Data Assistants will be responsible for compiling and gathering data for processing and entering into program data summary.
- The DA will also be responsible for checking and verifying HF and community level data and will support the regular update of program data, provide routine supportive supervision on data entry and reporting.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: M&E Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: 0
Key Areas of Accountability
- Conduct routine collation and compilation of health facility and community IPC data for analysis and reporting, to inform programme strategy and implementation working with key project partners across LGAs in the state.
- Conduct routine collation and compilation of community mobilization data for analysis and reporting, to inform programme strategy and implementation working with key CM partners across LGAs in the state.
- Support state steams in conducting spot checks and verification of HF and community level data at all service provision points.
- Support the regular update of program data, provide routine supportive supervision on data entry and reporting.
- Support identification of capacity building needs and training of programme service providers at community, LGA and state levels.
- Provide day-to-day programme monitoring support to STLs and Programme Officers to ensure adherence to M&E SOP, common frameworks, validity and accuracy of data collected.
- Provide routine monitoring support to service providers to ensure adherence to project M&E SOP, data management and quality.
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities such as data validation visits, data quality audits and program quality assessments.
- Support state teams and M&E Managers on timely data compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan.
- Liaise with HWs, TBAs, CMFs, SGFs, other SPs and key programme partners to ensure M&E tools are always available at the implementation levels.
- Support programme activities such as trainings, workshop and learning/feedback meetings on M&E related deliverables such as training assessments.
- Provide quality weekly reports to STL/M&E Manager on routing supportive supervision, data checks and other M&E related activities conducted.
- Ensure regular communication and sharing of constraints/successes with STL and M&E Manager
- Support training for LGA Facilitators staff on M&E in line with identified capacity needs and provide ongoing mentoring support.
- Support M&E Manager on regular compilation of data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as on other deliverables.
- Participate in programme review and feedback meetings so as to contribute to improvement of implementation strategies.
- Ensure key lessons and challenges for M&E related activities are documented and shared with state teams and M&E manager.
Skills And Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self and others accountable to deliver on responsibilities
- High level of accuracy in work and attention to detail
- Carries out responsibilities in a timely and pro-active way
- Cultivates an ambitious team mentality for the project
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively about opportunities to improve programme management and quality
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, approachable and easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Actively looks to improve programme management systems and quality of delivery
- Looks for new opportunities to promote the project with other stakeholders
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
- A degree in Science or Social Sciences preferably Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Public Health
- 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, health systems strengthening, nutrition, MNCH, HIV and/or economics.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
- Good understanding of health systems including key stakeholders and processes.
- Computer literate and high proficiency in use of data management applications such as Excel, SPSS etc.
- Ability to build rapport easily and gain support from people across backgrounds and to build the capacity of others.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplan, manage multiple interactions and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Experience of working in health systems strengthening projects
- Experience in international development
- Fluency in Hausa or Yoruba language
Deadline: 28th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online