Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme (YIEDP) For NYSC And Non NYSC
The Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme (YIEDP) is aimed at harnessing the latent entrepreneurial spirit among the teeming youths by providing timely and affordable loans to implement their business ideas. This further provides a sustainable mechanism to stimulate employment, contribute to the National non-oil GDP, and address the challenge of youth restiveness.
The following categories of youth (aged 18 – 35) are eligible under this scheme:
1. Serving youth corps members
2. Non – NYSC (not more than 5 years post NYSC)
Qualified Business Sectors:
1. Agro Allied
2. Food Processing / Preservation
3. Arts & Crafts
4. Manufacturing / Cottage Industry
5. Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
6. Construction Support
7. Power & Energy
8. Education & Financial Inclusion
9. Film & Photography
The details below are relevant for all eligible youth:
- Eligible youth can apply for the loan through the application portal using his/her NYSC State Code.
- Applications can be made as an Individual or as a group (of 3-5 applicants with similar business interest)
- A single applicant can access up to a facility limit N3m while group project jointly owned by 3-5 qualified beneficiaries can access up to a facility limit of N10m.
- Applicants can also track application status via the same portal.
- Security: Graduate entrepreneurs will use their tertiary institution(s) certificate(s) and their NYSC discharge certificate.
- Serving Corp members will pledge their NYSC discharge certificate and their tertiary institution(s) certificates(s).
- Also, legal ownership of assets financed by the Bank and 3rd party guarantors will be requested as additional collateral from all entrepreneurs.
The application portal will be open for a limited period. However, you can refine your business ideas before the submission of your business proposal at the same bank’s request. The first screen of application that commenced on the 15th March 2015 will end after 2 weeks.
The Heritage Bank has been adopted by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as the sole pilot bank PORTAL LOGIN for the Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme (YIEDP).
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should visit: