Finance Assistant Job at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job Type: Full Time
Start date: as soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Finance Officer
- Responsible for the base field payment
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Visit the fields during various program/activities to make payments.
- Support the program’s cash transfer implementation.
- Make payments and verify the consistency of supporting documents summited in accordance with the AAH procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed.
- Check the nature of all documents presented for payments (Photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, and terms used, the accuracy of calculations etc.)
- Handover all unpaid voucher cash balances to Finance Officer.
- Ensure that physical cash handed for payment corresponds to the total amount on the PVs.
- Ensure compliance of the supply chain guidelines and payment mode
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Respect AAH purchasing procedures as per KLV3 when giving an advance and to report to Finance Officer and Finance Manager if these procedures are not respected.
- Ensure that Logistics and PMs comply with the supply chain guidelines.
- Liaise with Log department for any discrepancy and missing procedures.
- Clear and release cash advances with logistics/programs.
- Maintain and handle properly all PVs/other financial documents
- File and archive the documents
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Check that all invoices/supporting documents and their amount corresponds to the cash voucher total value.
- Maintain bank, supplier contracts, PAYE, vendor & all other finance relevant contracts in the finance department
- Verify & cross-check all base monthly financial documents are correctly allocated & completed as per ACF Archiving guidelines
- Photocopy and file all the invoices/documents (base financial books) according to the monthly base book-keeping before sending to Capital office for archiving.
- Check that all the invoices are present and attached to the PVs.
- Follow up with programs/Log for supporting documents.
- Assist Base Finance Officer in archiving financial files as per ACF archiving guidelines
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Accounting, Management, Finance or related field; MBA or similar higher degree will be a plus;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a finance and administration-related role.
Internal & External Relationship
- Directly reporting to the Finance Officer.
- Technically supported by the Field Manager.
- Liaise with Finance Officer.
- Liaise with Capital finance team.
- Liaise with Log team/PMs
- Beneficiaries (daily workers)
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player;
- Ability to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs;
- Champion of ACF Charter values of Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination.
- Previous NGO experience
- Experience with donor-funded programs
- Experience supervising others
Minimum Basic Salary
N156,995 NGN (Per Month)
Deadline: 30th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.