Fresh Job at UN Women for Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
UN Women – In July 2010, the United nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Associate
Additional Category: Gender Equality
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-3
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Country Representative, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Associate supports effective delivery of the Nigeria Country Office Programme by collecting and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. He/she contributes to the effective implementation of the evaluation policy, ensures that minimum monitoring and evaluation requirements for the country programme and projects are met. The incumbent works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations/PSU Teams in the country, region, and UN Women HQs staff to ensure adequate exchange of information, timely updates and other follow ups as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide technical inputs to programme formulation to ensure monitoring and reporting is incorporated
- Provide technical support to the CO in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan
- Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences
Provide technical inputs to programme formulation to ensure monitoring and reporting is incorporated:
- Provide inputs to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Include relevant inputs from evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation;
- Provide inputs to annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
- Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements;
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and tracking of results against CO Strategic Note (SN) and Annual Work Plan (AWP), and other country level targets:
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes;
- Monitor data from partners on a quarterly basis and provide inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes, as required;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the Nigeria Co’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences:
- Facilitate the process of the CO meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations;
- Contribute substantial inputs to donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
Provide technical support to the CO in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy:
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the country office;
- Draft/revise Terms of Reference for specific project/program evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the CO and RO regarding Evaluations;
- Coordinate the completion of management’s response to the UN Women Global Accountability and Tracking of Evaluation Use (GATE).
Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building:
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons, and knowledge, as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality support to the programme team and partners in line with work plan;
- Quality and timely systems for tracking/monitoring;
- Timely submission of accurate and quality reports.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of programme formulation, implementation, and Results Based Management;
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting;
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports;
- Analytical and report writing skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies is required.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
Deadline: 19th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online