PACT Nigeria – At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
- The Deputy Chief of Party supports the Chief of Party and serves as the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the Chief of Party (as Acting Chief of Party). The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for managing day-to-day technical activities
- S/he will be responsible for collaboration with other stakeholders, including in other states where ICHSSA Activities are being implemented, to apply lessons learned, innovations, and cutting-edge quality improvement methods and to translate best practices into improved implementation of interventions.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Public Health, Development Studies, Social Work or other health related field. However, a Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) additional years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Master’s Degree.
- At least five (5) years of experience in senior program management implementing international development activities in Africa, with preference given to OVC and HIV/AIDS/ Health activities under a USG funded award in Nigeria.
- Excellent technical skills in the strategic design and implementation of OVC and HIV/AIDS programs with understanding of programming for CLHIV in Nigeria.
- S/he must have excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical skills.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age.
- Coordinate and oversee the quality of all technical activities, providing direction, feedback and support to ensure success.
- Programming for priority OVC sub-populations including CLHIV, HIV-exposed infants, children of PLHIV, adolescent girls, children of FSW.
- Provide technical leadership on programming to support HIV prevention and epidemic control, gender transformative programming, parenting skills development, MCH and nutrition.
- Support organizational and workforce development.
- Ensure program adherence to internationally accepted technical norms and standards of practices.
- Provide input into and assure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of Pact and donor resources.
- Facilitate continuous quality assessment and improvement and ensure that program best practices are documented and disseminated throughout the program cycle.
- Ensure provision of management support and technical assistance on program design, budget/work plan development, and M&E planning.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested.
- Ensure that the most up-to-date information regarding the programs or initiatives shared via a range of mechanisms: including reports, newsletters, and the Internet.
- Establish and manage Pact’s local technical training activities.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the COP.
Deadline: 31st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- The posiiton is contingent on award