Job Vacancies at Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, July, 2019
Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, a 61 year old Teachers’ Institute is a leading Nigeria’s College of Education where all students are challenged to achieve the highest levels of intellectual and personal growth; to promote sustainable development; as well as contribute purposeful and ethical service to the State, Nation and Mankind.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Provost
- In line with the relevant provisions of Edict No. 20, 1986, now deemed to be part of the body of’ laws made by Lagos State House of Assembly, Nigeria, the Goveming Council, Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (former Lagos State College of Education) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the Provost of the College.
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the Institution was established
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with the financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Council’s decision/directives under sound financial discipline and management; and
- A person to foster good rapport with relevant organs of the Federal and State Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidate should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized university in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College
- S/he should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education
- The possession of professional teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), and TRCN Registration are mandatory;
- Candidate must not be above fifty nine (59) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment;
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in a College of Education system or a comparable tertiary institution and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in a College of Education system or a comparable tertiary institution as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources;
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in a result oriented research reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications;
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer or its equivalent with at least five (5) years cognate experience;
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness; and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College
- S/he must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interest;
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT packages and capacities;
- Evidence of Community Service both at Local and National levels is a must; and
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal getter, and one that can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The Provost shall hold office for a term of five (5) years, and shall not be eligible for reappointment
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of Provost in Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by the Lagos State Government and Governing Council of the College from time to time.
Job Title: College Librarian
- In line with the relevant provisions of Edict No. 20, 1986, now deemed to be part of the body of laws made by Lagos State House of Assembly, Nigeria, the Governing Council, Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (former Lagos State College of Education), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the College Librarian of the College.
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer by statute; and
- The candidate is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College Library and Coordination of the Library services in the Teaching Units of the College.
Specific duties of the College Librarian include:
- Forming overall library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements;
- Giving professional advice on Library matters; and
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Preparation of library budgets;
- Candidate must have a minimum of MLS;
- Candidate must have 15 (Fifteen) years cognate experience;
- Relevant publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must; and
- Candidate must not be above fifty nine (59) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The College Librarian shall hold office for a term of five (5) years, and shall not be eligible for re-appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the Post of the College Librarian in Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by the Lagos State Government and Governing Council of the College from time to time.
Deadline: 27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names (surname underlined);
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each;
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin;
- Current postal address and Permanent home address;
- Educational institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with Membership of Professional Association Bodies;
- Work experience in chronological sequence;
- Present Employer, status and salary;
- Extra-curricular activities; and
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Oto/Ijanikin,
KM 30, Lagos-Badagry Express Way,
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address above before the closing date.
- Candidates must submit in clear terms in not more than two pages, their vision and mission statements for the College in the next five (5) years with particular reference to the Office of the College Librarian.