Job Vacancies for Intern at WaterAid Nigeria, 23rd July, 2019
WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Information Technology Intern
Contract duration: 12 months
Reports to: Head of Finance and IT
- The idea of this role of the Finance Intern is intended to be a learning and development opportunity for young professionals to gain exposure and build skills through work in an international development organization and potentially, build a crop of professionals with experience relevant to the international development or other professional sectors.
- Ensure accuracy, security and documentation of petty cash and cash receipts. Be the custodian of office petty cash.
- Ensure that petty cash is maintained at agreed minimum levels through collection of cash from bank when required.
- Support in postings of transactions into SUN, Vision and other systems/ templates.
- Support in monthly reconciliations, remittances and payments.
Filing and documentation:
- Support in management and keeping of accounting records, files and other documentation.
- Stamp “paid” on all paid payment vouchers and supporting documents
- Support the process to ensure accurate and adequate documentation and recording of WaterAid Nigeria income and expenditures.
Support in internal controls:
- Send monthly update to staff on status of staff advances
- Reconcile and explain all outstanding balance on staff debtor and creditor account.
Support in partner financial management:
- Support in processing of partner funds transfer
- Other roles as may be assigned.
Skills / Abilities / Personal Qualities:
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Ability to use information and determine best fit option relative to costs and benefits of potential actions to determine most appropriate one option
- Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Written and Oral Expression – Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will easily understand.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others; Keen sense and appreciation of priorities and deadlines
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Attention to details-Ability to follow precise procedures and complete routine tasks/activities without errors
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Flexibility-Ability to adapt to difficult situations (e.g. unforeseen change in context)
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting or Business Administration or any Social Sciences
- Student membership of a professional accounting body ( ICAN, ACCA etc)
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
- Completion of National Youth Service Scheme
- Basic computer skills Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Excel
Deadline: Wednesday, 31st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates must be resident in Abuja
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
- Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.