The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant
Location: Damasak, Borno
Reports to: The Field Office Coordinator
- NRC is looking for a Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant for our field office in Damasak in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Damasak, Borno State
- Ensure proper and systematic filing of all personnel files
- Support recruitment process by collecting applications, long listing, schedules examination, administering tests, and conducting interviews
- Preparation of contracts for both casual workers and full time workers
- Issuance of stock request to relevant department and updating and sharing the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that office and guest house supplies are requested for and timely distributed
- Preparing and circulating the Minutes from the all staff meetings
- Supervising of the cleaner/cook
- coordinating appointments and background/reference checks, and communicating benefit information
- Maintaining a database of field office recruitment
- induction of new staff, and schedule briefing with relevant departments and assist in email address requests for new staff
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related Course
- Advance Degree of professional certification e.g CIPM will be and added advantage
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a human resource department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Commencement: January 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Damasak, with frequent travels. Travel outside Damasak is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Deadline: 27th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.