New Job Vacancies at Medecins Sans Frontieres, 15th July, 2019
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Ngala, Borno
Type of Contract: 3 months fixed term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Fol-lowing the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Essential recognized Nurse diploma. Desirable Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
Deadline: 28th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with as subject “Nurse Ngala’”
Job Title: Psychologist Consultant
Locations: Gwoza, Pulka, Damaturu, Maiduguri, Abuja and Taraba
Contract duration: 1 Month
Purpose of the Position
- To guarantee Mental Health support to the teams in the field through coordination of the psychosocial support in case of a critical incident and follow up of the persons in acute situation.
Description of Duties
- Following the MSF internal protocols, to organize and coordinate the psychosocial support to the teams, after a Critical Incident.
- Developing and facilitating workshops and trainings relevant to psycho-social issues the teams are facing in the field such as stress management, vicarious trauma, burnout and trauma.
- Provide the Medical Coordinator with a clinical analysis and recommendations of well-being dynamics following a field visit.
- Providing quick response when called upon especially in a critical incident response.
- Psychosocial Intervention in acute cases.
- In Coordination with the Psychosocial Unit, participate in the external referral of those people in need of psychological counseling or psychotherapy.
- Formulating and creating personalized interventions, treatments and management plans for MSF Spain staff in the field as agreed. This will be done either in the field locations where MSF has projects or in his/her office if it is agreed so and has been authorized by the Medical Coordinator.
- Essential, Masters or PhD in Psychology, preferable with clinical and social experience.
- Registered with the profession governing body in the country.
- Atleast 3 years of good knowledge and experience in emotional support and team management during crisis.
- Ability to engage different approaches including CBT, Brief therapy, client centered approaches as well as capacity to adapt new and developing approaches in the field.
- At least 3 years of experienced with specialist psychological assessment and treatment of a wide range of mental health problems of varying severity and complexity.
- Proficient with psychological therapies, risk assessment and training.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing psychosocial support in situations of conflict, violence and/or natural disaster.
- Good knowledge and experience working with groups.
- Desirable working experience in the humanitarian field.
- Proficient with planning and performing psychological interventions.
Use of language skills:
- Essential working knowledge of English and Hausa, Kanuri and other most spoken language in the North East of Nigeria.
- User of Microsoft office.
- SPSS will be valuable.
- High level on communication skills and ability to influence good capacity in team work.
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity
- Flexibility to adapt to differences
- Capacity of managing teams, organization and coordination.
Service fee: N334,159 Gross.
Deadline: 26th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Motivation Letter only by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or submit it in person to any of the following MSF Spain offices:
394, Etang Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi District, Abuja.
NTA Junction, Off Damboa Road,
Old International School Line,
Maiduguri – Borno State
- MSF encourages women and people with disability status to apply.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.