Project Accountant Senior – Public Finance Job at erpSOFTapp Limited
At erpSOFTapp, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal to enable our clients current and prospective in Nigeria, West Africa and internationally to realise the power of utilising Odoo Enterprise Business Applications ERP to improve their business.
We are a small highly professional team growing quickly and focused on continuing to build a world-class company to shake up the ERP market with Odoo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant Senior – Public Finance
- The public finance project accountant will be responsible for undertaking the implementation of accounts onto an accounting system.
- Ability to record the trading activity of a public body and implement onto a system with being able to create a true trading position by reviewing Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, P and L, General Ledger, Aged debtors reports, etc and verify the full chart of accounts.
- A knowledge of IPSAS is required.
- Ability to work within a project team of accountants
- Must have experience of government departments to cover budgeting and execution
- Must have Public Finance Management Experience
Qualifications & Experience
- Key knowledge of basic accounting principles and double entry is a must
- 10 years + work experience, you must have played a key role in the daily operations of the accounts department for a public body. (Federal Government, State)
- CIPFA qualification is a MUST.
- ACCA/ACA accountancy qualification is an added advantage
- Required Experience: 4
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciling various departments accounts within an implementation project.
- Reviewing and implementing ledgers on assets, liabilities, income, expenses and equity to provide relevant information to public bodies within the IPSAS.
- Ability to monitor and review creditors and debtors ledgers
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality, adequacy and accuracy of documentation.
- Accuracy of reconciliation documentation.
- Timeliness and accuracy of management reports
- Strong experience of using spreadsheets
- Can manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Deadline: 30th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email