Abt Associates – The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist / Family Planning Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager – SHOPS Plus
Req Id: 60321
- Abt Associates seeks a health professional with strong monitoring and evaluation skills to serve as Family Planning Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager in Nigeria under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The FP program is implemented in FCT, Plateau, Oyo and Akwa Ibom states and will support capacity-building of public and private providers to scale up family planning, including long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs).
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in family planning and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus has several areas of focus, including tuberculosis and family planning.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
With support from home office experts, develop the FP projects’ monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan, which includes the following components:
- Develpment of processes, procedures and systems for data collection, analysis, reporting on project results
- Develpment of a learning agenda which guides project team efforts to use monitoring data and research findings to inform evidence-based program design and implementation
- Develpment of a research plan that outlines needed formative research to inform program implementation and design
Lead the implementation of the FP program MEL plan, by overseeing the following:
- Cllection of all data needed to report on all defined indicators (impact, output, outcome and program management indicators)
- Regular review and adjustment f data collection processes as needed
- Implementatin of data quality assessment (DQAs) as required or specified in the MEL plan
- Facilitatin of staff participation in review of the project learning agendas on a quarterly basis
- Accurate and timely data entry int the SHOPS Plus M&E data management system, Newdea
- Manage the identificatin, development, and processing of learning agendas, including the analysis of project data for adaptive learning and documentation
Serve as the primary point of contact for research and data analysis needs for the FP project team, by leading the following tasks:
- Synthesize findings and implicatins from relevant grey and published literature; analyze publically available data to inform program implementation
- Synthesize research, mnitoring and evaluation findings needed for quarterly and annual SHOPS Plus reports to USAID
- Develp SOWs and contribute to the procurement process for hiring data collection consultants and/or research firms needed to carry out M&E tasks or research studies
- Identify new research needs and/r pilot new approaches (in consultation with home office FP project experts)
- Use apprpriate sampling and methodological techniques to design research studies and analyze M&E data
- Prvide day-to-day supervision of the M&E Assistants and any research firms or data collection consultants hired to assist with M&E tasks
- (8+) years of experience and a Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Economics, or a related field
- Experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and research tasks for FP-related activities
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research, with demonstrated experience managing data collection teams
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with demonstrated attention to detail
- Direct experience supporting M&E for USAID or other donor-funded health projects preferred.
- At least 8 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for project learning and results reporting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online