Recent Recruitment at Population Council Nigeria – Kaduna
The Population Council conducts research to address critical health and development issues. Our work allows couples to plan their families and chart their futures. We help people avoid HIV infection and access life-saving HIV services. And we empower girls to protect themselves and have a say in their own lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- The Population Council Nigeria is seeking a professional who will be responsible for building the capacity of frontline health workers and patent medicine vendor owners in the use of mobile DHIS2 for a Family Planning project in Kaduna state;
- Oversee the correct reporting of routine service statistics and timely submission to the NHMIS;
- Manage the database for capturing and processing routine data collected through project management information systems;
- Identify gaps in the monitoring system and provide quick solutions to ensure optimal data; Conduct meetings.
- Level of Education – A minimum of Masters in Public Health/International Health or any related area
- Ability to use STATA for advanced data analysis
- Interest in scientific writing. Publications in peer reviewed journal (added advantage)
- Ability to use data management packages – Epi Data/Epi Info
- Experience in converting data into clear useable format for different audiences
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria (travel at least 50%)
- Experience in a Similar Role – 4 years
- Experience in managing FP programs
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skill
- Language Requirements – Excellent English language
- Experience in using the Demographic and Health Information System 2
- Experience in conducting Data Quality Assessments
- Strong analytic and database skills including statistical analysis
- Experience in implementing field research.
- Design MIS tools for the project
- Ensure MIS tools align with the NHMIS system
- Train patent medicine vendors on the use of mobile DHIS2
- Ensure quality and timely data reporting on project MIS
- Conduct quarterly Data Quality Assessments
- Liaise with State FP M&E focal persons to ensure data is owned by the state
- Track project deliverables through routine MIS system
- Prepare monthly charts to monitor progress of key indicators
- Analyze evaluation data and produce reports and scientific manuscripts were appropriate
- Support the implementation of project specific studies by training and supervising field workers
- Ensure the smooth running of research study and fieldwork by developing systems to track projects including all study, investigator and ethical review board information, client/participant recruitment activity and financial management.
- Support the RME Director in preparation of quarterly reports
- Undertake any other responsibility delegated by the supervisor.
Deadline: 3rd July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nigerian national preferred.