Vacancies for Business Development Officer at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB)
Co-creation Hub is a social innovation center dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity. The technology hub is the first in Nigeria to serve as an Open Living Lab in which user-driven innovation is fully integrated in the co-creative process of new services, products and societal infrastructures. CcHUB’s methodology is hinged on engaging a community of progressive stakeholders (end-users, subject matter experts, government agencies, businesses, academics, civil societies etc.) who bring their creativity and knowledge to play in co-creating solutions to social challenges faced by the average Nigerian through our open living labs. The resulting innovations are then supported to become sustainable market solutions by providing proactive business support, advice, mentorship and funding through our pre-incubation & research unit.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The Business Development Officer is responsible for prospecting, identifying, and developing business with new customers, and profitably growing furniture experience within existing accounts.
- You should see your role as a true business owner. Your time will not be micromanaged. It is your responsibility to eventually understand and run your business and account for your activities. Self-motivated and results-driven individuals will succeed in this role.
- This position pays a base salary with unlimited commission potential that can be lucrative compared to sales positions in other industries.
- This is an individual sales role that must work well in a team environment. It takes multiple teammates to ensure a project is well executed and delivers an exceptional experience for our clients.
- If you are the type of person that enjoys a fast-paced environment, has a go-getter sales attitude and an ability to learn to utilize design tools.
- This position will also collaborate with the office and other interior products sales reps to incorporate furniture into existing supply accounts and to help facilitate superior client retention and increase share-of-wallet for furniture in those accounts.
- This position will have the responsibility to achieve individual revenue and gross profit targets within their accounts.
- Business Development officer is always on the go, working directly with potential business clients at all levels of organizations. Clients are typically acquired by uncovering the right person to engage at a business, from facilities to C-Suite, and utilizing relationships at architecture/design and real estate firms. You continually network to build your client base and make visits to customer sites.
- 1 – 3+ years sales experience (experience in luxury/commercial furniture sales will be a huge plus)
- Self-driven, results-oriented and tenacious nature
- Well-presented and businesslike appearance
- Effective problem solver – able to provide innovative and effective client solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- High level of business acumen
- Proven sales and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; rapport and relationship building in commercial sales environment
- Confidence in interacting with customers at all levels
- Problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Identify target clients, develop and execute sales strategies
- Network to engage buyers and decision makers
- Lead customer interactions leveraging industry research and insights. Add value to prospective clients by regularly updating them on knowledge, product, and service offerings.
- Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; general sales meetings; reading professional publications; building personal networks; activity involved in professional organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing innovative solutions for potential clients.
- Build and leverage relationships with partners, in order to leverage their resources and solutions and provide for an optimal customer experience.
- Understand and promote Business Furniture processes from customer quotation, through order fulfillment to successful receipt of customer invoice payment for products and services delivered. Utilize and partner with Business Furniture Design Team appropriately.
- Practice good organizational skills. This includes updating Sales software records and staying on top of leads and proposals. Responsible for producing and editing monthly sales forecast.
Salary is based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role sometimes requires you work on Saturdays