Finance, Admin and Logistics Manager Job at Norwegian Church Aid
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance, Admin and Logistics Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is seeking a competent and highly motivated Finance Administration and Logistics Manager to join our team in Nigeria. In this vital role, under NCA’s Country Director (CD), you will have strategic management of all finance functions as well as providing oversight to the supply chain management and logistics function, ensuring compliance with procurement procedures. Additionally, you will support the recruitment, retention and development of staff through direct oversight of the human resources function.
- As Finance Administration and Logistics Manager, you are part of NCA’s senior management team. In this role, you will demonstrate excellent communication skills and can communicate across all areas of the organization and with colleagues at all levels, from senior leadership to national staff employees. You are flexible and able to easily adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment.
- The position is a two-year contract, with the possibility of extension. Commencement in October 2019. This an expat position only.
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Nigeria with frequent travel to Local Government Area project sites. Maiduguri is considered to be high risk area.
- Relevant education in Finance, Management or Accounting.
- Five years’ practical experience from finance and accounting along with experience as a manager or supervisor.
- Understand the financial team’s role in providing outstanding programmes.
- An understanding about donor and NGO regulations, processes and systems.
- Experience from working in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of program support functions
- Ability to manage change
- Structured, well organized and self-driven
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Very good ability to inspire and build other people`s capacities
- Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.
- Culture and conflict sensitive
- The successful candidate must be loyal to NCA´s core Christian values and accept the ACT Alliance’s Code of Conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for financial, administration, and logistics processes.
- Ensure proper financial monitoring systems are in place such that financial processes comply with NCA’s routines, guidelines, and donor regulations.
- Provide leadership to the supply chain and logistics department by promoting compliance to procurement policies and developing accountability mechanisms.
- Support the migration to HR digital platform and support all HR functions from recruitment to development and adherence to statutory provisions.
- Develop the capacity of our staff within finance, accounting, administration, and logistics
We can offer
- Exciting and meaningful projects with one of Norway’s largest humanitarian organizations.
- Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive insurance and pension plan.
Deadline: 25th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online