We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultancy for the Food Security Staff Training
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Background and Context
The Danish Refugee Council / Danish Demining Group (DRC/DDG) has been operational in West Africa since 1998. DRC/DDG’s aim is to contribute to the peace and stabilization, protection and promotion of durable solutions to crisis affected populations in the region. The overall strategic objective of the programme is to support peace and stabilization, protect and promote durable solutions to conflict affected populations in Nigeria, Liberia, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinée, and Mali on the basis of humanitarian principles and fundamental human rights.
Since 2016, DRC/DDG has been implementing a project with funding from United Nation World Food Program to support IDPs and host communities in Borno and Adamawa States of Nigeria. The overall objective of DRC/DDG’s programme is to promote stability and resilience among those affected by displacement in north-eastern Nigeria, in particular in Borno and Adamawa states. Danish Refugee Council, being one of United Nation World Food Program’s Cooperating partners in Borno states of Nigeria aims to ensure that her staff possesses the right professional skills in delivering quality humanitarian interventions and also ensure that her beneficiaries are served with respect and dignity.
Objectives of the Training
DRC hope to promote the training of its staff in humanitarian response, through these three areas of focus:
- Food Security & Livelihood.
A training firm will be engaged to train its staff in the above area of focus in relationship to the implementation of food security project implementation.
Proposed Training Courses – Excellent Food Hygiene Quality Assurance Skills:
Importance of food safety:
- Food Hygiene
- Food Poisoning and Food Borne Diseases
- The prevention of Food poisoning
- Contamination Hazards
- Food Spoilage and Preservation
- Personal Hygiene
Keeping clean when handling food and drink:
- Preparing and serving food and drink safely
- Clearing away food and drink safely
- Equipment for Food handling
- Pest Control and Recognition
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
Inventory, Logistics & Distribution Management – Inventory Management:
- Introduction to basic concepts in storekeeping
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Effect of Stores/Warehousing Operations on Organizational Efficiency and
- Stores Accounting and Stock-taking.
- Distribution planning and management
- Inbound Logistics and outbound Logistics
- Transport operations and management
- Distribution Requirement Planning
- Reverse Logistics
Risk Assessment and Emergency Management Course:
- Identifying Hazards and Risks
- Seeking Out Problems Before They Happen
- Everyone’s Responsibility
- Risk Management Techniques
- Emergency Management Plan
DRC seeks a training organisation to facilitate the capacity building for her staff in the above mentioned areas. The organisation will be responsible for the following and ensure to meeting the minimum standard of Training of Trainers and must have good knowledge of Borno humanitarian context to enable proper project analysis to align training sessions to the humanitarian, security and cultural context in Borno state.
- Proficiency in the above mentioned areas of focus, with sound understanding in Public Health, International Development, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in training INGO staff.
- Experience in community-based training, training of trainers and development of training and IEC materials.
- Fluency in English.
DRC Nigeria will support the consultancy through the following:
- Provision of the local flight ticket and accommodation
- Provision of the training hall for the training
- Provision of logistics support where needed doing the training hours
- Selection of the training and accommodation venue in accordance to INSO approval
- Develop training modules that include theory, case studies and practical/participatory sessions to ensure the described scope of work and deliverables are addressed.
- The consultant is expected to develop training modules that will be reviewed by DRC/DDG and deliver an in-house training for DRC/DDG participants.
- Please note that these Terms of Reference do not prescribe a specific methodology but stress that the final product be one that depicts a structured training resource that meets the above objectives and key tasks described in the scope of work.
Coverage and Timeline of the Assignment:
- Assignment coverage: DRC is seeking an experienced consultant/ Consultancy Firm. The consultant/consultancy firm is expected to be deployed in the field and should be willing to travel to Borno States in the North-East of Nigeria.
- Start date: 02nd September, 2019 is the anticipated start date and it is expected that the assignment will be completed by 06th September, 2019. The consultant/Consultancy firm will be required to identify the necessary resources to undertake this consultancy training.
- DRC will be responsible for providing the local accommodation and all necessary logistics for the training.
Deadline: 16th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates/Firm should submit the following documents:
- Detail proposal about how you will undertake the assignment, detailing methodology and other processes (no longer than ten pages) in English
- CVs of applicant(s) and qualifications/background to undertake the evaluation
- Sample of previous Training of Trainers reports, including methodology and recommendation sections
- Fees / Costs of the consultancy filled in the request for quotation template attached
- Proposed timeline
- Proof of registration as a consultant
- The supplier profile and registration filled in and stamped (attached)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide qualified facilitators with good working experiences and knowledge of humanitarian response to cover the courses mentioned above.
- Facilitate all training sessions in a lively and interactive manner
- Design training agenda and share at least 3 days to the training date
- Share training materials to all participants on a stick (memory device) and every other means were necessary.
- Training organisation will make all logistics and accommodation arrangement for her facilitators including flights if applicable
- All training sessions will be presented on power points except otherwise
Code of Conduct:
- It’s part of DRC policies that all partnering with the organisation must work in accordance to the CoC guiding the organisation. For more information on the DRC code of conduct, kindly find attached copy of CoC or visit DRC website.
Developing training support kit:
- The consulting firm will develop training kit to support the field officers. This will include – a simple training manual, visual aids and a key messages booklet for staff members.
- Participants are well equipped with good information on the courses mentioned above to carry out their task in a more effective and efficient way that respect humanity in accordance to humanitarian principles.
- Training kits and certificates for staff members in the areas of focus.
The request for quotation and all the documents required must be sent through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org