The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Technical Assistant
Ref. nr.: 4113203890
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- NRC is looking for a Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant for our field office in Dikwa, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Dikwa, Borno State
- The Logistics Technical Assistant reports to the Field Coordinator with Technical reporting line to the Logistics Officer.
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Ensure that assets are tagged and all asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Physical Asset count, preparing of Logistics and documents as may be required.
- Be responsible for the procurements within the location
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers’ procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Ensure that NRC generators in the field office are maintained on a regular basis and prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles & Generators
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and dispatch of all assets from the Dikwa Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for same.
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident report, etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- University degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Kanuri, Hausa)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Administration / Organisation / Management/ Social science
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months(One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Dikwa, with occasional travels. Travel outside Dikwa is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
Deadline: 21st August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.