New Vacancy for Field Admin Officer at Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Admin Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Department / Sector: Operations
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager
- The administration Officer is a key person in the Administration department.
- She/he manages utilities, supplies, repairs and cleanliness in NCA, ensuring order and availability of working assets for the staff.
- She/he manages vehicle transport, accommodation of staff in the field location.
- She/he is the liaison person with Maiduguri about administrative matters for the smooth running of their respective field locations.
- Administrative degree from a recognised institution
- Proven experience in managing Finance and administrative functions
- Two years’ experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation governing International NGOs
- Fluency in English, additional fluency in Hausa and Kanuri an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- Good skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems. Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay in remote areas as required.
- To facilitate the staff with guesthouse and office supplies
- Ensure there is cooking gas and clean drinking water regularly and the water dispensers/pots are in good clean conditions
- Facilitate availability of office stationaries, toiletries, generator fuel and other material necessary for the smooth operations of the guest houses and Office
- Ensure that stationeries, supplies and assets records are updated on a regular basis in line with NCA procurement policy.
- Ensure the utilities are smooth and running i.e. the electricity bills available and paid, the DSTV, generator fuel etc.
To facilitate staff movement and accommodation both in Maiduguri and field offices:
- Keep a record of all staff travels and facilitate according to plan.
- Liaise with the Maiduguri admin on respective staff accommodations for staff arriving and departing to designated approved destinations. This includes, Red Roof for non-Maiduguri staff, international staff and visitors to the field office.
- Manage the staff movement board ensuring that vehicles are available on schedule to transport staff to different official locations
- Administration of the vehicle logs to ensure each driver has enough log sheets, that they are duly filled and form part of the payment request for the motor company.
- Collect all invoices, bills for movement and accommodation within the month and dispatch to Maiduguri for processing.
- Process payment requests for the invoices for further action by finance department
To ensure we have valid contracts and requisitions are timely:
- Ensure that we have valid contracts that are duly signed by NCA and other parties for office/guest house tenancy, security, DSTV, Generator lease, all equipment repairs including computers
- Manage the schedule of contracts in the location which stipulates the beginning and end date and notify the line manager of the end dates at least one month in advance or according to the terms of the contract.
- Ensure clean guest house and offices, including direct supervision of cleaners, security guards and work closely with Maiduguri admin office for smooth running of the field location:
- Supervise all Security guards, cleaners and house keepers in discharging their duties.
- Ensure that the cleaners/house keepers have the tools of work, brooms, mops, following up on pending requisitions you place for their work tools.
- Ensure that the small repairs for electricals, tools are carried out to satisfaction of staff. This includes the IT equipment.
- Cleanliness of compound, office and guest houses with all litter bins emptied and garbage collected
Training Coordination in the field:
- Support in trainings, ensuring that the training venue is ready before training kicks off
- Ensure that material and equipment are delivered to the venue.
- Ensure the service provider adheres and delivers as per the purchase order issued in terms of training meals and tea / coffee and other provisions.
- Have the material and equipment returned after the function for future use and safe custody.
- Liaison role- Both with external and internal departments and field office:
- Liaison with Maiduguri officers for the smooth running of the field offices and vehicle movements.
- Photocopies and sending any relevant documents to Maiduguri.
- Petty cash administration on imprest basis and requisitioning when the balance is at reasonable levels.
- Filing of all vouchers and sending them to Maiduguri
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Deadline: 16:00; 23rd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Please include three referees in your applications, of which one must be a current or former supervisor from your current/former organisation/institution. Kindly ensure that you enter the correct email address for all your referee’s
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization.
- Please note that candidate is required to start as soon as possible.