Promasidor Nigeria Recruitment for ICT Helpdesk Supervisor, Aug., 2019
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Helpdesk Supervisor
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Reporting To: ICT Helpdesk Coordinator
- Ensure the timely resolution of ICT Resources users’ problems/issues/questions in a professional manner to minimize any downtime of business activities and/or optimize their use of ICT resources.
- Support Promasidor Nigeria’s LAN/WAN and Telephony infrastructure applications (operating systems, e-mail systems etc) to ensure that they provide adequate support to the users, applications and infrastructure they support.
- Ensure that all “ICT hardware assets” within Promasidor Nigeria Limited are available, functional, installed and used in a secure, safe and efficient way, this includes: Computer hardware (CPU, Printers, peripherals, accessories, etc…). UPS, etc…
- Manage Promasidor Nigeria’s software assets and ensure up to date customisation of all desktops and laptops, clients operating systems and applications.
Depending on operational assignments which may vary with time, the job responsibilities will be a subset of the following:
- Supervise and or carry out deployments/rollouts of computer Operating Systems [OS] and software applications ensuring that Promasidor Nigeria Clients’ Systems are all installed with up-to-date and approved OS and Applications used within the company.
- Maintain on a physical support (CD, Hard disk…) a “standard installation kit” or “disk images” for a “basic” new user with set of the latest versions of all supported software) so that a new computer can be rapidly installed when needed.
- Stay up-to-date about the new versions of software released or to be released in the future for the set of supported software. Regularly discuss with the Helpdesk Supervisor possibilities or needs to upgrade the users’ computers with newer versions. When forecasting an upgrade to a newer version, document the migration plan with the actions to be taken to upgrade from the existing versions to the new ones.
- Document and maintain up-to-date all OS and Applications installation procedures. Identify, store in a database and maintain up-to-date a list of all software available and being used in the company. Identify set of software supported for user departments and also identify new and obsolete versions.
- Sorts, in a manner that allows quick retrieval by anyone in the department, all software assets available:
- On the file server for the versions still in use. Co-ordinate this with the Servers Administrator.
- On a physical support (CD, DVD…) for the versions that are obsolete.
- Maintain ICT hardware inventory i.e. database storing information about every ICT hardware asset being assigned to an end-user.
- Ensure the timely repair of defective systems with the resources provided and manage the “defective systems stock” by: Rebuilding new units with the combination of 2 or more defective units; dismantling defective units to use each part as a spare for repairing other (similar) equipment; trashing the systems that become really useless
- Carry out installation, relocation, configuration and setup of ICT Resources for and/or with their users (systems, printers, etc).
- Carry out periodic preventive maintenance on ICT Resources in PNG locations (mainly in Lagos but also up-country).
- Ensures that all Network equipments and Infrastructure are available, functional, neat and secure at all times.
- Documents the Promasidor Nigeria LAN/WAN (Including the Home Internet network where applicable) and maintain the documentation up-to-date.
- Administer, Monitor, support, test and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to LAN/WAN at all upcountry locations.
- Generate, analyze, and distribute network performance statistics, network hazardous condition reports (including proposed solutions for performance improvement).
- Support/lead all Network installation (new or extension of the existing network) as required by the company. Supervise and liaise with external contractors handling ICT installation or maintenance work at all PNG locations
- Liaise with Service Providers (Internet, Telephone. Etc,…) to ensure optimal Services.
- In collaboration with the Training Coordinator, assist in training end-users on the use of ICT software and/or hardware resources.
- Provide a back-up role to the Help desk Coordinator in attending to users distress calls and logging them in accordingly, as well as allocating same when necessary.
- Carries out any assigned food safety jobs by the head of department
- Carries out any other responsibilties assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Electronics Engineering or any other related course.
- 3- 5 years work experience in a similar job.
- Broad knowledge of Information Systems (Architecture, Security…)
- Software (Office Suite, Email…)
- Hardware (components of a computer, general maintenance…)
- Networking (IP addressing, DNS…)
- Basic business processes
Nice to have:
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) and other Apple Technical certifications
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Time management, Planning and Organising (own work)
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- Proactive and innovative
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to details
- Interpersonal skills (Good facilitation, Teamwork…)
Deadline: 12th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page open Click “ICT Helpdesk Supervisor” and apply
- Carefully check the description of this job BEFORE applying for it. Our selection process ensures that we do not recruit anyone who does not meet our requirements.
- So, take some time and examine carefully the job description below. Do not apply if you feel your actual profile does not correspond to our requirements. We regularly have new job openings, if this isn’t a job for you, you could come back at a later date to see if there are suitable jobs available.