We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Supervisor (OSP Design)
Locations: Abuja, Lagos and Rivers
Department: Engineering, Projects Office
Directly Reports to: Team Lead, Projects and Head of Projects.
Directly Supervises: Project Contractor
Work Schedule: 8-5
Travel Requirements: Occasional
- Effectively supervise out-side-plant projects, namely: High Streets, Estates and BB Extensions into MTU/MDU
- Escalate unavailable materials to your Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Confirm all network backend connections/resources are available and active for link commissioning long before the project reaches the commissioning phase.
- Escalate backend connection issues that may delay link commissioning to your Team Lead for immediate action long before the commissioning phase.
- Distribute notification letters to residents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commences.
- Comply with all project execution procedure
- Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Ensure project kick off meeting happens no more than 48hrs after project is assigned tyou and that contractor SUBMITS program of work immediately after.
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in store long before the material is actually needed on site.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor to agree on work method before Estate civil works commences. Also ensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works starts.
- Review quality of materials supplied to site by contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE, GI pipes, e.t.c) and ensure they meet required standards. Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Observe quality of civil and cabling works (handhole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, e.t.c) and ensure they meet company standards. Stop sub-standard works and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Effectively monitor projects to ensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved quantity), program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Team Lead will measure your performance on effective project monitoring by tracking your compliance:
- Daily Work SMS submissions
- Weekly project update reporting
- Attendance in weekly project meetings
- Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission,
- Accurate & Timely Splice-MST report submission.
- Variations to design and scope plans MUST be escalated back tthe office and approved before they are implemented on site.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify & Resolve faults that may delay link commissioning.
- Submit Accurate Splice-MST report sheet and Accurate Red line Drawings 48hrs after project completion.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared before Audit.
- Provide support to the engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Project Delivery & Quality Assurance: Contractor compliance with work scope, work plan and work method.
- Reporting: Timely submission of reports (Daily work SMS, Weekly project updates, Splice-MST sheets, Quality Checklist, Red Line Drawings).
- Accuracy of Splice-MST Sheets
- Accuracy of Red Line Drawings.
- Problem Solving:
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to manage & resolve challenges on site e.g. access issue, fibre and MST connection issues, negotiation skills with construction companies/local communities/”area boys”/regulatory authorities/other service operators (PHCN, PTOs, Water board, Gas Companies, e.t.c.).
- B.Sc. or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics, Project Management, Applied Sciences/ any other related discipline.
- Over 2 years OSP Supervision Experience.
- Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt Metro.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Attributes:
- Proficient use of fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visietc
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As- Built drawings for fibre networks.
- A Goal getter and team player.
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Open to learning and willingness to share knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able to manage/supervise fibre civil works, reduce tension on site and motivate labourers/contractor personnel to accomplish assigned
- project task.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power budgeting.
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Neat, articulate and respectful.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject of the mail.