Freeme Digital is Nigeria’s foremost online digital music distribution network with a growing array of artistes, labels, comedians and content creators across the region on our platform with radio rights to all content licensed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
Main Purpose of Job
- Under the supervision of the General Manager and with operational reporting accountability to the Head of Business Affairs & Operations, you will primarily work as a Lead Developer and Technical Team Lead for FreeMe Digital Limited.
- As the Software Developer, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of your work as well as any developers that work under you.
- You will also serve as a mentor and technical resource to Freeme Digital.
Main responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Interfacing with Senior Management to understand their business, goals and visions for products being supported by the company.
- Performing high quality work that not only meets the need of the company, but surpasses it.
- Ensuring that our developers are able to understand the business context and value of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users.
- Prioritizing the work that your team is responsible for to ensure that you’re always working on the highest value work that helps the company meet their objectives.
- Working with our tech team to decompose high level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to ensure that the work delivered is in accordance with the technical standards of the company.
- Encouraging a collaborative team environment
- Regularly reporting the status of your team to Senior Management staff
- Have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Able to pass a Tech Skills Assessment.
- Experience working alongside creative & marketing teams.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in software development.
- Have built iOS or Android mobile apps.
- A strong desire to mentor other developers.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Active in the Nigeria technology ecosystem, have good, well established and relevant industry relationships
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written).
- Highly organised with ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must have a passion for media, music and entertainment and how technology can be leveraged to add value to these industries
Job Title: Content Analyst Intern
- Being responsible for YouTube Video Uploads
- Sourcing for channels to add to our YouTube Multi-Channel Network
- Managing the company’s YouTube Multi-Channel Network
- Being responsible for YouTube channel optimization
- Being responsible for VuClip Video Uploads
- Being responsible for Playtoonz TV YouTube Channel
- Create MOVs for all audio contents and upload to individual platforms
- Manage FreeMe TV and PlayToonz TV
- Manage VEVO channels
- Backup all the contents on the server
- Manage FreeMe TV social media (Facebook & Instagram)
- Track playlists market share on selected international platforms weekly
- Send contents to content upload team for distribution
- Collate and send analytics monthly report for FreeMe TV
- Draft descriptions (audio/video) for press release.
- Design social media posts for FreeMe TV
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.