Job Opportunities at BGI Energy Services Limited, 5th Sept., 2019
BGI Energy Services Limited is a diversified oil, gas and construction company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. From engineering and construction in the oil and gas sectors to project management and professional training services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant will be responsible for managing all financial and management accounting and financial risks.
- The role is strategic but primarily operational and will include daily financial planning, reporting and analysis, treasury and tax functions, budgetary planning and control, financial modelling and overall support for business development financial strategies.
- Specifically, the role will provide financial management advisory and develop financial policies and procedures; prepare financial statements for the Board in accordance with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Responsible for project accounting.
- Controls Corporate Budgets and Accounts and provide quality and timely financial reports.
- Ensures prompt payment and accounting for VAT/WHT/ PAYE.
- Sets guidelines and ensures implementation of monthly and quarterly accounts closing and reporting to all stake holders.
- Oversees all financial transactions, including billing, payable, receivables and credit control
- Manages relationships with auditors, tax advisers, bankers and other parties as directed by the CFO.
- Ensures integrity of the Ledger and that internal controls exist in all systems and processes.
- Manages Receivables, including those received through debit advice, tariffs, direct charge or reallocation.
- Reviews and agrees the basis of monthly/quarterly valuation of stationery, fuel and other consumables.
- Benchmarks financial accounting processes, identify and disseminate best practices.
- Develops, disseminates and monitors compliance with a risk response framework appropriate for own department.
- Manages Accounting knowledge, information and data to ensure application of common standards.
- Responsible for Fixed asset accounting.
- Responsible for managing and organizing Business Controls & Compliance process.
- Monitors compliance of Risk Policy and Internal Control Policy, and provides annual assurance of same.
- Ensure necessary documentation of all accounting books.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance will be an added advantage. ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or other finance related qualifications.
- Relevant management qualification or training.
- Minimum of 5 years’ broad experience in finance. Experience in Oil and Gas and Process Industry will be an added advantage
- Basic IT skills.
Job Title: HSE Engineer
Description of Role
- The HSE Engineer acts as the focal point for designated Project HSE matters. He/she will provide a support function to project management, ensuring adequate HSE input and provide a mentoring role for less experienced HSE Advisors.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Lead a positive HSE culture and behaviour in the company.
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate and cost effective management and delivery of the function’s activities within the designated area of responsibility
- Supports project leadership in implementing the management system
- Responsible for the co-ordination, preparation and delivery of the Project HSE Plan
- Supervises, co-ordinates and monitors HSE performance on projects
- Assists project management team(s) in defining its HSE resource requirements
- Ensures Lessons Learned is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Identifies and co-ordinates HSE personnel deployed to worksite.
Requirements, Key Qualifications/Experience
- Mechanical/Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent with 4+ years’ experience in an oil and gas/process environment in an HSE role.
- Minimum of NEBOSH International General Certificate. Holders of NEBOSH International Diploma or its equivalent (Level 6 Occupational Health & Safety Diploma) will be an added advantage
- Equipment maintenance experience/skill is desired.
- Should have a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering key HSE projects on time, within scope with end-to-end accountability.
- Strategic thinker with a sense of good judgment.
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting goals and priorities.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with leaders as well as team members.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Minimum of NEBOSH International General Certificate.
- NEBOSH International Diploma or its equivalent (Level 6 Occupational Health & Safety Diploma) will be an added advantage.
Deadline: 13th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address their Application Letter and CV through the “HR Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.