Recent Job Vacancies in a Government Owned Specialist Hospital
Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client is a government owned specialist hospital in the South-South region of Nigeria. With state-of-the-art medical facilities, patients are guaranteed top-of-the-range health services from seasoned medical practitioners who are conversant with modern trends in medicine and who would deploy Information Communication Technology (ICT) in their operations.
The hospital is now seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Reporting to the Board, you will formulate policy and provide overall strategic direction for the hospital.
- You will ensure alignment of key business objectives to the organisation’s success and ensure the financial health of the hospital.
- In addition, you will manage various Stakeholders and provide management oversight of key aspects of the hospital’s operations.
- A graduate with an MBA or a Master’s in a related discipline, you must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior business leadership role and a proven track record of business success leading organisational change.
- Experience and knowledge of the Nigerian private healthcare market is desirable but not essential.
- Highly creative in nature and highly responsible and organised, you must have keen attention to detail and ability to manage various high-level commitments and tasks simultaneously.
- You must have practical computer skills.
Major key performance indicators are:
- Oversight of financial performance
- Oversight of customer performance
- Oversight of other commercial and financial indicators
- Agreement of strategic and directional plans
- Commissioning of improvement plans.
Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer (Specialist Hospital)
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will oversee and coordinate the nursing unit of the hospital.
- You will ensure the effective delivery of patient care in a safe and efficient manner and develop/implement policies, standards and protocols, and create a nursing environment that fosters collaboration with other health professionals.
- You will advice senior management on best practices in nursing and patient care, nurse recruitment, training, retention and establish performance improvement activities and assessments.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participating in the hospital’s strategic meetings to enhance and improve operational performances.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assisting in preparing budget reports by communicating the necessity for new equipment, additional personnel, or other items that directly improve patient care delivery.
- Monitoring job performance and carry out performance appraisal for all nurses.
- Informing all nurses of any new procedure or policy implementations introduced by the Hospital.
- Participating in the interview and training of nurses and other non-licensed personnel.
- Making recommendations to the CEO concerning procedure or policy modifications when necessary.
- Enhancing operational methods and providing optimal patient care by maintaining open communication with staff.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree from an accredited college or university. Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) is an advantage.
- You must have a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in the health sector, part of which must have been in a senior nursing position within or outside Nigeria.
- Active RN license and RN clinical experience are essential.
- You must be registered with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery of Nigeria with the license to practice.
- Proven record of policy development and implementation is required.
- You must have practical computer skills.
The following skills and personal attributes are required:
- Strong planning, organising, delegation, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritise scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism in handling situations involving patients, physicians, and others staff.
- Commitment and dedication to patient care
- Decisively initiates responses to emergency
- Compassionate with a positive disposition.
- Not easily distracted.
- Strong leadership qualities
Deadline: 20th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.