Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Access/Fragility Specialist
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Access and Fragility Specialist provides the overall technical expertise on the expansion of access-related activities, including risk reduction and safety, gender-based violence, equitable education services, education and conflict analysis, non- formal education, well-being, psychosocial support and ensuring activities are conflict-sensitive and do no harm.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Senior Educational Access/Fragility Specialist.
Required Skills &Qualifications
- Requires a Master’s Degree in Education.
- At least eight years of experience in the education sector, with at least five years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context.
- The candidate must demonstrate at least five years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity.
- The candidate is also responsible for some monitoring and evaluation, with at least five years’ technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans and results-based management.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English.
- Analyze and address barriers to educational access and participation;
- Assess issues of supply and demand for education options/services;
- Conduct analysis and assessment of education needs in emergencies;
- Integrate a conflict-sensitive approach to education,
- Lead preparation of activity designs; adapting rapidly changing activity designs;
- Implement successful strategies to combat school-related gender-based violence;
- Implement risk reduction and psychosocial well-being activities, and other related areas.
Deadline: 28th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: email@example.com with “Access/Fragility Specialist” in the email Subject line.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.