Fresh Jobs at RTI International, 15th October, 2019
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Specialist
- The Grants Specialist will coordinate and support the administration (USF in kind grants milestone development, follow up with state EWASH teams on outstanding documents, means of verification to close-out) of all in-kind grants under Utility Support Funds.
- The incumbent of this position will have to administrate E-WASH and USAID norms and procedures and is responsible for preparing required reports in coordination with the USF manager and USF Procurement Specialist.
- Support the USF Manager in the administration of the USF In-grants program, ensuring compliance with RTI and USAID guidelines.
- Work directly with USF Manager, Component Leads, and Project leadership in supporting the State Water Boards (SWBs) developing proposals and milestones tables process, and the preparation of the grant application, including drafting requests, collecting documentation, and vetting submission.
- Participant in site visits of current and future grantees, evaluating usage of in-kind contribution by SWBs and administrative areas to determine level of risk; provide recommendations to grant execution based on assessment.
- In consultation with USF Manager, provide direction and guidance to Grantees on property management and control, as needed.
- Conduct post-award orientation meeting with the SWBS to ensure that all terms/conditions of the contract /grant were understood.
- In coordination with the USF Manager, perform periodic evaluations in order to review compliance with grant requirements and RTI/USAID regulations. Detect and resolve implementation problems.
- Support the Finance Manager and USF Manager in the administration and oversight of grant expenditures in accordance with RTI and USAID guidelines.
In coordination with the USF Manager;
- Maintain good reporting processes for all in-kind grants, reporting any grants pipeline issues to management on a monthly basis.
- Monitor milestone table budget to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and milestone means of verification.
- Follow with state teams and collect progress report on the implantation of milestone activities.
- Keep official files updated.
- Assists with review of in-kind grant budget preparation, review and submissions
- Assist with tracking costs of SWBs in-kind grants
- Other duties as assigned by Project Grants Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related fields and 1 year of experience in similar positions, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability of fluent communication, oral and written, in Spanish and English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Effective teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
- Under the direct supervision of the Utility Support Fund Manager, the Procurement Specialist is to provide overall management of procurements under Utility Support Fund (USF)including but not limited to the processes of Procurement (Local and International), Transport of Procured Goods, and oversight of Asset Management and Inventory control of USF.
- Perform all phases of sourcing activity to ensure best value and within required lead times for a variety of requirements in Nigeria, including analysis of overall budgetary impact for all types of procurement transactions
- Take the lead in the preparation and implementation of the annual procurement plan supported with budget and timetables.
- Effectively negotiate with suppliers on a wide variety of commodities (ICT, mechanical and specialized equipment) and technical services for the best overall value to the USF.
- Coordinate issuance of purchase orders in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Contribute to the supply chain management efforts up to and including logistical support from the ordering point through the follow-up, expediting, and delivery of the required goods and/or services
- Coordinate the freight forwarding efforts with the RTI Logistics Office and Home Office Support Team as required
- Prepare, issue, and negotiate RFQ(s) for assigned procurements such as materials, equipment, commodities, and services
- Understand and ensure compliance with legal guidelines, Federal Export Control (if applicable), contracting principles, sourcing and price/cost analysis requirements
- Assist the Home Office Support Team in the preparation of requirements of federally funded assistance including waivers (source and nationality, restricted goods)
- Provide Support and guidance to subgrantees of overall property management and inventory control, reports, custody control documents, reconciliations for both expendables and non-expendables according to USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure adherence to USF’s standard operating (SOP) procedures for USF related commodities/services ordering and distribution.
- Conduct logistics training workshops for states Logistics assistant, seasonal operational staff and district officials on storage and distribution, and inventory control.
- Develop and submit weekly and monthly reports to the USF Manager, Finance Manager and/or Deputy Chief of Party on logistics and procurement for submission to RTI/Washington
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Utility Support Fund Manager or Deputy Chief of Party.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
- Additional professional training in procurement and logistics management preferred
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software;
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in general business administration and financial management;
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field offices.
- Experience in West Africa Region Africa, preferably in Nigeria.
We offer a highly competitive renumeration.
Deadline: 22nd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as One Single MS WORD document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org using the “Job title and Location” as subject of the email.
- On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Email Subject line (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.