ICLA Officer (Data Analyst) Job at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Officer (Data Analyst)
Webcruiter ID: 4144288454
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- NRC is looking for an ICLA Officer for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Information Counselling and Legal Assistance Officer is to provide support to the ICLA Team Leaders and contribute to the implementation of the ICLA program in Nigeria, Borno State.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods and Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- the purpose of the position ensures accurate data management and reporting for the ICLA projects under the overall guidance and supervision of the ICLA Specialist, the ICLA Officer (Analyst)
- Minimum Bachelor of Law degree and must have been called to the Nigerian BAR (be able to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria) and be conversant with international humanitarian and Human Rights law
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a practicing lawyer.
- Knowledge of the laws and policies governing Housing Land and Property issues and Identity documentation is mandatory
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Experience with humanitarian activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the legal assistance programs including HLP, CDR and identity documentation activities innovatively to adapt to location and context, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements and optimize opportunities for synergies
- Contribute to the planning procedures and tools for implementation of ICLA projects in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Monitor technical quality of ICLA projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Contribute to an effective M& E system in the country
- Support and integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities into ICLA program design
- Contribute to the development of the ICLA strategy, technical SOPs/guidelines and Macro LFAs for Nigeria
- Contribute to the development of funding proposal, project budgets, and donor reports
- Contribute to coordination and management of the ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirement
- Supervise Project Assistants, ensure the transfer of relevant skills for quality program implementation
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environment
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We can offer
- Commencement: December 2019 – December 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level 5 Step1(Officer).
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Deadline: 31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online