Job Vacancy for Legal Associate in an Integrated Oil and Gas Firm
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, an integrated Oil and Gas firm is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
- Product liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance
- Strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current business strategy.
- Technically sound across a sufficiently wide area to work without significant supervision.
- Maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- Provide high quality legal service to all clients.
- Offer advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Attend and represent the firm at client meetings.
- Execute litigation strategy, manage discovery obligations, manage outside counsel, determine proper case disposition, and monitor litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluate and manage pre-litigation disputes.
- Advise business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Participate in significant internal investigations.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents.
- Research documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Represent clients in Courts where required.
- A minimum of LL.B, BL and LL.M
- A minimum of fifteen 7 years post NYSC experience in an E&P company with a track record of International and Local Oil & Gas law.
- The ideal candidate must be a seasoned and consummate Lawyer with in-depth knowledge, experience and hand-on in international and Local Oil & Gas contract drafting, vetting, agreements, litigation and arbitration proceeding in an E&P company. He or she must be able to lead, handle and deliver concurrent contracts on the job.
- Higher qualification will be an added advantage
- Candidate must be a team player, self-motivated and must be proficient in the use of IT Software.
- Must be capable of providing support in the planning and execution of company projects.
Deadline: 12th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV “MS Word Format” to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Legal Associate” as subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidate would be shortlisted.